Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

open.spotify.com content won't play through spotify premium app

Solved!

open.spotify.com content won't play through spotify premium app

I was searching for content with google and found many albums that couldn't be found through the search function of the app that came with my premium memberships. The premium app works well with content found through it. I tried Chrome, Firefox and Edge-none work with open.spotify.... 

Why isn't all the catalogue available through the regular premium app?

I only listen on my desktop so gyrations suggested through other devices won't work in my case. I uninstalled spotify and reinstalled it. I restarted the computer a few times. No change. I cleared all history.

What next?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

This fixed itself overnight. The only thing I did was open something through the google search link that did open with the normal app. Then I tried to open something that the app search function didn't find and it worked. Maybe I had to prime the pump through something that worked before web play worked too. In any case I'm a happy camper and this can be closed

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

This fixed itself overnight. The only thing I did was open something through the google search link that did open with the normal app. Then I tried to open something that the app search function didn't find and it worked. Maybe I had to prime the pump through something that worked before web play worked too. In any case I'm a happy camper and this can be closed

Suggested posts