Free/

Country

US

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I'm having issues with playback of a video podcast. My internet wont support whatever the default resolution is, and I get a constant buffering because of this. This makes following the audio extremely difficult, as it is a constant pause for the video component to catch up, and this is often mid word. I could really get by with an option to include/exclude the video entirely. Best case scenario would be to control the resolution. I watch livestreams on other services often, and know for a fact that the video will buffer at 720 or above. I would rather have video at reduced quality (480 works fine at most times) or an option to not display the video at all, and only have the audio component. Either of these could be added at the client portion, so each user could control it as they wished.
I have aDSL, advertised @ 6Mbps/600Kbps. Actual data rates are lower.

4 Replies

Hi there @Shadetree00,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

It seems that there are other users who'd like to see the option to switch podcast video on/off. You can show support to the new Idea - here. Add your +Vote and subscribe to the thread. 

Here you can read more on how ideas work. As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented.

Hope you find this info useful.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I also have this issue. The Joe Rogan podcast is absolutely unlistenable on Spotify, it was such a mistake for him to move to this app exclusively. It worked fine on every other app I tried before this one.

It should have been a default option in this app, it's ridiculous that you don't offer the ability to turn off the video. Amateurs.

I dont want to turn it off, although that should absolutely be an option.  I just want to turn it down.  Reduce the quality of the resolution to 720 or 480 or whatever depending on my internet connection or how....  you know what.  It doesnt matter why I want to do it, I should have the option you commies.  I dont like you making decisions for me.  My internet, My Choice.  

Suggested posts