Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Can't play the curent song" message

"Can't play the curent song" message

I have started to get this blue message randomly "Can't play the current song", and when it's there I can't play any songs, not just the current one.  I am an unlimited customer using a Windows 10 laptop. any ideas please ?

5 Replies

Same specs (Win10, Premium subscription and no connection promlems) and exact same issue here, has been happening since yesterday.
Seems that there's nothing you can do yourself to fix it, but just wait, and then after being able to listen online music again for a while it stops again with the same Error message. Very annoying.

same issue here.. I tried to search for artists and it takes soooo looong to search for anything, same for windows client and android app.. as if the connection from Spotify's server was limited to few kilobytes per second. songs load very slowly, stop to buffer and the blue message "Can't play the curent song"  pops up..  thought it would be gone the next day but it's still here..

I have another thought - and btw I still have the problem and it's no longer intermittent, I simply can't use Spotify - as Spotify monitor the community, or should do, why the deafening silence ?  how about a post from Spotify telling us how to get rid of this fault ?

We are clearly not alone with this problem, so come on Spotify......

Hi, just wanted to update on the "Can't play the current song" string that I started a while back, and on which others have shown interest.  I thought it had gone away over xmas, when I wasn't using Spotify much actually, but it's back alright.

anyone else still suffering ?

I am emailing with Spotify Support, and will let you know anything helpful I receive.

yup...

works allright now.. I dunno when it all went back to normal, but I am happy it is fine now. 🙂

Suggested posts