Premium

Country

United States

Device

PC, iPhone 13 Pro Max, MacBook Pro 2020

Operating System

Windows 10, Windows 11, iOS 15.4.1, macOS Big Sur 11.6.5

My Question or Issue

I've been clicking on "I don't like *artist name*" on the Release Radar playlist for 4 months now, and Spotify still recommends me the exact same artist every week when the playlist is updated.

9 Replies

Hey @desze,

Thanks for posting in the Community!

You can remove/hide songs from your Release Radar personalized playlist by using the desktop app, where you have a remove icon showing up next to the duration of the song. You can also achieve this on mobile from the 3-dotted menu, where you'd need to choose 'Hide this song".

To further make sure an artist is not being suggested to you in your personalized playlists is to check if  you're not actually following this artist. To do so just go to the artist's profile page and unfollow it if need be, also from the 3-dotted menu you can choose "Do not play this". Please note that changes in your musical preferences take some time to get reflected by the algorithms and you might see that happening in one to three weeks time. Even if the artist still pops up in the playlist, if you've selected the correct options, the songs shouldn't be played for you.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, thanks for the reply. I've done all of this over the past few months and nothing has worked, that's why I made this post, at this point I assume this is a bug, and not the algorithm taking its time to update.

Hey there @desze

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Just to make sure, have you tried going to the Artist's page > 3 dots > and choosing the option Don't play this?

We also suggest taking a look at this article for tips on how to improve your Made for You playlists.

Take into account that the Don't play this feature only prevents the songs by the blocked artist from being played. They might still show up on playlists and even in your recommendations, but the songs should be skipped. Currently, there's no way to visually "hide" the songs by the artist.

In this case, could you let us know if the songs from the blocked artists are playable or if they are skipped in your Release Radar playlist?

We'll be waiting for your reply.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi, I've tried the "Don't play this" option in the past and it didn't work, the artist was still recommended to me on my Release Radar playlist.

Hey @desze,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Just to double-check - can you play the songs from that artist or they just appear but are not playable?

If they just appear but you can't play them - this is an expected behavior.

Keep us posted.

Ver Moderator

I can play the songs, yeah.

Hey @desze,

Thank you for keeping us in the loop.

If you can still play the songs from that artist, that means that the system is not taking the "Don't play this" option that you've selected before.

First, to avoid any cache of interfering with the process, we'd first recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app. This is often an overlooked step, but it’s more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble. 

After the reinstall, go to the artists page, hit the 3-dot menu and select the option "Don't play this" again. This option prevents music from an artist to be played, but the songs may still show in playlists and recommendations. However, when you try to select a song from that artist, nothing will happen and the song won't play. 

If the issue persists, could you record a short video where we can take a better look? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. You can also upload it to Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to see it)

We'll be on the lookout. 

OscarDCModerator

The artist still shows up in the playlist but I can no longer play their song. It's still annoying tho, what's the point of the "I don't like" button if it doesn't work? I don't want to see this artist on my playlist. The button seems to work with every other artist but this one.

Hi @desze!

The artist will eventually stop appearing from your Release Radar, so don't worry too much about it. In the meantime, focus more on listening to the stuff you already know and enjoy as well as discovering new music.

Take care.

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Suggested posts