"Remove from this Playlist" is greyed out

Plan

Premium

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

When I want to remove a song from a playlist, I right click on the song and want to choose the "Remove from this Playlist" option, but it's GREYED OUT.
WHY? HOW DO I SIMPLY REMOVE A SONG THAT I DON'T LIKE FROM A PLAYLIST?

3 Replies

Hey @pietrotomasko 

Is the playlist you're trying to remove the track from made by you? 🙂

If yes, I'd recommend reinstalling the app to give the app a refresh.

Additionally you can hit the Delete key on your keyboard, it does the same job as "Remove from this playlist" menu.

Let me know how it goes!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello. No, it was a playlist made by someone else. SpotifyCares already helped me, I fixed the problem by creating a new playlist and dragging all the songs into it. It's a pity it has to be done this way though, because in the iOS app it works just by selecting the "hide song" option.

Since necro'ing a thread isn't against the community guidelines, I'd like to post some relevant info since this thread is the number one result on google for "remove from this playlist is greyed out"

Indeed, you must transfer songs from a playlist created by someone else to a new one to be able to delete songs, however, there is an easier way to do this rather than dragging and dropping each song one by one.

Simply press Ctrl+A on your keyboard to select all songs in the playlist you're trying to transfer from, then click and drag any song to your newly created playlist.

I hope this helps anyone who clicks on this thread!

Suggested posts