"Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it."

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it

Regular
Yeah that's fine it's Windows 10 Desktop
Highlighted

Re: "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it

Casual Listener
I have same problem too, it won't play any spotify playlist but it can play my local files but slowing down everything. Then I started to log in on the web player and it works, but not without web player window. Works just fine on my phone too. Tried everything else on this thread with no success. Well, the older version worked 2 days ago, but today when I started to listen to spotify it didn't work and I had the latest version? So will be going on play through the web player or via the phone.
Highlighted

Visitor

Oh dayum that worked, it seemed as if Spotify had no selected audio output device.

Highlighted

Regular

For me, I needed to update my audio driver.

Highlighted

Visitor

I think it's a bug. Changing your output/playback device and putting it back is not a solution. So every time you start Spotify and play a song you need to do this?

Highlighted

Visitor

I have had this issue today.

I found a direct mode in my AE5 sound card that makes the sound better. If I restart the computer or close Spotify then I get the error "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it"

Changing back to nondirect mode makes Spotify run as expected, change back to direct whilst running works fine as well. the problem comes when a restart of close of the Spotify app.

I did notice when I changed to direct Spotify did update.

direct.PNG
Highlighted

Casual Listener

I'm having the same problem. I have two output devices and Spotify is only able to play songs if I actively switch from the current default one to the other. Then I can switch back to my desired output and I can still play. I have to do this every time I start Spotify! It's definitely a bug when every other piece of software under the sun except Spotify knows how to play audio on current output device without bugging out!

I've tried disabling the other output device but to no avail. If there's just one output and no other output to switch to it doesn't work.

Highlighted

Visitor
I'm having the same issue with songs simply changing to the next and never playing. I can use spotify on other devices, and use the app on my PC if I cast it to another device. I've tried all of the above suggestions and still cannot get this to work. I also cannot figure out how to put in some sort of ticket for help.
Highlighted

Casual Listener

I also had this issue for a few weeks now.  Latest update of the desktop client seems to have fixed it, so try updating.

No Spotify change log or transparency into what issues are being tracked by the Dev staff for fixing, so you'll never know if this was a widespread or known issue chosen to be fixed.

Highlighted

Regular

Agreed - the latest update seems to have fixed it for me to, fingers crossed that's it now! 

SUGGESTED POSTS