Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Spotify can't play this right now..."

Solved!

"Spotify can't play this right now..."

Hi Spotify community!

So there's a Brian May album on Spotify called Back to the Light, but when i try to play it, it says "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it."

This album isn't showing up anywhere on Brian May's profile and doesn't come up at all when searched. The only way I can access it is through my favourites playlist. I don't know how I was able to add it to there in the first place either, as it doesn't seem to exist. Although I have a feeling it might have been on an online Spotify link. On that album, there is only one song that is able to play, which is Driven by You, but it's probably because that song appears on other existing Spotify albums.

I am able to click on the three dots on those songs and add them to playlists, but they just won't play. Is there any way i am able to play these, because i really like this album.Capture2.JPGCapture3.JPG

Plan

Free

Country

Australia

Device

Windows Surface, iPhone 6

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @Maylor_deacury,

thanks for posting !

What you're describing are greyed out songs meaning the songs aren't available in your country due to right holders or legal matters (artist or record label).

We want all the world’s music and podcasts on Spotify, but availability can vary over time and between countries, depending on the permissions from rights holders.

The good news is: We add new content to Spotify every day, so if you can’t find something you’re looking for right now, it may appear (or reappear) soon, so please check back! 

Have a great week 😃

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey there @Maylor_deacury,

thanks for posting !

What you're describing are greyed out songs meaning the songs aren't available in your country due to right holders or legal matters (artist or record label).

We want all the world’s music and podcasts on Spotify, but availability can vary over time and between countries, depending on the permissions from rights holders.

The good news is: We add new content to Spotify every day, so if you can’t find something you’re looking for right now, it may appear (or reappear) soon, so please check back! 

Have a great week 😃

Suggested posts