Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it"

"This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it"

I have been a Premium user for the last couple of years, and over the last couple of months I have had trouble streaming music from my laptop. I keep getting the error message "This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it" for every song I try to play. However, I can stream perfectly fine from my phone. My payment information is correct, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and still no luck. I haven't been able to find a solution to this problem on other Community posts. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

77 Replies

I have this issue too. i need suggestions as on what to do.

Go to Edit> Preferences> Local files and uncheck everything

your recommendation worked for me.

This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it"

This did not work for me.

did you find a solution? I am having the same issue.  I could not resolve it with the recommended changes.

With Windows 7 I used one of the solutions (workaround) to not update Spotify.

Now I have changed OS (I'm actually using Windows 10) and it works fine.

I have the same problem since months. Yesterday i got an email answer from spotify and they wrote they know the problem. Hope they fix it soon. If not i cancel my premium membership till its fixed.

Hi,

I totaly agree with you, especially because I was using a really common OS (windows 7).

Anyway, since I changed OS I don't have this problem anymore.

In the same way that this problem arose without rhyme or reason, it resolved itself without rhyme or reason a few days later. It was nothing I did: Uninstalling and reinstalling the Spotify client software and rebooting Win 7 computer while the problem was active had no effect. 

Thank you all for your helpful comments. I'm sorry I can't help everyone else that is going through this.

Best,

Lena

No suggestions here, just another Spotify customer unable to use the service due to this. Have tried the Local Files fix mentioned -- didn't help immediately, or after Spotify shutdown/restart, or after machine restart.  v 1.0.33.106.g60b5d1f0 here, Win 7 (work comp, no option for another OS).  Hello web player!

I have the same thing.

From what I see the people helping out here are telling people to re-install spotify.

Its pretty incredible that Spotify is even in business when they can't make their own client play music I pay for.

Thanks so much, its been 2 weeks and no solution. This totally worked for me.

You're the best.

Info:

Windows 10

Not on premium

this not solve anything.. is the first thing i tried

Webplayer is ok, on smartphone is ok.. on my Windows 10 machine NOT!

1 week and this problem are already present!!

SOLVE now.. this is a clear client problem

I am having the same issue as well. My HP computer updated and now I continually get a very brief banner witht the same message. I tried unchecking everything from local files and uninstalling then reinstalling spotify on mycomputer. Nothing is working.

This solution did not work for me. For the record, I am a Windows 7 user and I already uninstalled and re-downloaded Spotify.

For me the problem is disappeared by itself.
Sure, like i sai, this is a problem Spotify client related.
Wait few days

Was the playlist set up on a computer that actually had those "local files" on a hard drive? In that case, I guess Spotify tries to play that exact (physical) file and - maybe - on your new computer it is -really- not available.

No, I was simply trying to listen to an album. It happened for more than one artist and went away when I unchecked all other sources in my settings and then rebooted my machine. Prior to that I had uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify to no effect.

this solution (edit>preferences>local files) did not work.  I too am premium acct holder.  works on mobile but not desktop.  

SPOTIFY PLEASE FIX!

Suggested posts