Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"local file" symbol

"local file" symbol

I have a premium account on windows 10. 

I created a playlist and via ... "Edit > Preferences > Local Files > Add A Source" added several hundred mp3 music files from the 😧 drive on the same computer.

Displaying the playlist in spotify shows some files have a small circle with a down-pointing arrow in it.

All files are playable on this computer by selecting "This Computer" via "Devices Available" (lower-right in spotify).

All files are also playable on my soundbar (which is on the same network) EXCEPT ones with this circle and arrow symbol. While trying to play a file with one of those "circle and arrow symbols," the image above shows it impossible to select the soundbar.

Please help.

Thank you.

1 Reply

Hey, @yeeeeha -

The songs that have a small circle with a down-arrow indicates the music is uploaded by a user(you)- And they are from the Local files sources. To play the Local files on other devices you need to have the same song synced on the device.

However, Spotify Connect is controlled over the internet rather than Bluetooth that allows you to control a speaker- In your case you can use Bluetooth to play them on SoundTouch 300 speaker, without the need to sync the Local files on to it.

Enjoy 🙂

Suggested posts