Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

song added automatically to liked list

song added automatically to liked list

Every time I log in Spotify app on Windows 10 (all pc not one in particular), If Martin Garrix posted a new song on Spotify, it's automatically added to my liked list.

I already checked the connected App and nothing seems to interfere with that, also the logged in devices, (they are all mine).

this is very annoying with the fact that I have nothing to do with Martin Garrix.

Thanks for your support.
5 Replies

Hi there @ZouZZou,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. This seems odd. Let's take a closer look into this.

Just to confirm, can you let us know if this only occurs with Martin Garrix?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

As far as I Know yes, this is at least the one that happen the more frequently.

thanks for working on this case.

Hey @ZouZZou,

Thanks for your reply. 

Could you tell us for how long you've seen this behavior? Also, let us know if you've noticed any other change on your account (playlists changes/created).

Lastly, we suggest that you log out everywhere. You'll find this option by scrolling down here.

We'll keep an eye on your next answer. 

AndresMModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

Hey @AndresM,

Thanks for answering my topic.

this has been there for a long time, but I discovered Spotify Community not so long ago (3 weeks) and as I see some topics with this weird behavior from 2019 without any resolution (yet) as I still have this issue on my account, I decided to open one to get more info on that.

My account is not so old, (from November 2017 if i recall correctly), and I discovered it like in mid-2018,

during that time, I was listening a lot on my windows laptop, and it was then happening a lot more frequently then the 2 following years (from 2019 to 2021) where I was only using it on my smartphone.

this last year (mid 2021- now), I started again to listen to spotify on a windows laptop (different then the previous one) and I saw those songs started to come again in my liked list.

I checked any properties/follow/relation that I could have on spotify with that Artist but nothing seems to be the root cause of this behavior.

I usually log out from current logged in devices, I did it recently (october 2021) and the behavior was still there.

As I say, this is only happening when I use Spotify on a windows laptop. I never get that issue while using it on Android/iOS

Hey @ZouZZou,

Thanks for the extensive description of the issue.

Could you give those steps a try, so we can exclude the possibility of your account being compromised? 

Keep us posted. Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts