Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

song lyrics only scroll when i'm not on the spotify tab

song lyrics only scroll when i'm not on the spotify tab

When I click lyrics for a song the lyrics don't scroll with the song (it's synced). This only happens when I open the tab but if i switch to another tab before returning to the spotify tab (without closing it) the lyrics seemed to have been scrolling fine. I tried clearing my cache already.
16 Replies

Hey @unicorns_ate_my_gras,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

We've tested this on our end, however, we couldn't reproduce the issue. Can you please let us know your OS version and browser version and check if the same thing happens with a different browser?

Looking forward to your reply.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I use version 22h2 of windows 11, and the lyrics scroll fine when I use a different browser. I guess it's just a problem with the browser?

update: after a few songs, the lyrics stopped scrolling even on a different browser.

Hey @unicorns_ate_my_gras

Thanks for your reply. 

Just to confirm, is this only happening on the web player or on the desktop and mobile apps as well?

On another note, could you give a different internet connection a go to see if the same happens? 

Lastly, we suggest that you check your firewall and make sure Spotify is set as an exception. 

Let us know how it goes. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

So for some information, I'm using the web player on windows, I tried using lyrics on my phone and it worked like normal so it only seems to be on my computer. I cleared my cache, restarted my computer, turned off the new performance settings for google, and refreshed the page plenty of times. I know the lyrics are synced up because I've played it like normal before plus it works on my phone. The weird thing is, when I'm off the page, like in a different tab it auto scrolls, I see that when I get back on the page and see it synced up to the music then when I watch it, it just breaks again. I feel like I've tried every basic troubleshooting trick but nothing, anyone got any ideas on what could be going on?

Hi, I am having the same issue and it's only happening on my computer. 
I tried while using a different internet connection, and it is still having the issue, I've tried restarting my computer and logging in and out, and it is not fixing.
I get back onto the tab and it is in the same place as the song, but it is not auto scrolling while I'm on it.
It was working before.
Don't know if this image is helpful or not.
(The first line shown is the beginning of the song)

Moonyluv_2-1680240582025.png

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your replies in this thread.

Could you please share with us the information that @MihailY requested earlier?

On another note, would you mind giving this a try in a different browser? For example, if you normally use Google Chrome, try with Microsoft Edge/ Mozilla/ Opera.

Let us know how it goes.

LyubkaModerator

Ive tried google chrome and microsoft edge

My lyrics aren't working on the desktop app. I think they stopped working after a couple of songs and stopped working since then.

For the browser, when I dragged the tab to a different window and back, the autoscroll started working again.

Same problem for me with the web player (Vivaldi as browser) and the desktop app (1.2.9.743.g85d9593d). The issue also occurs on both my laptop and desktop, both running Windows 11 22H2 (build 22621.1555). 

FWIW, I've verified my firewall (both local machine & router) wise isn't blocking Spotify from connecting with anything. There should also be plenty of bandwidth considering I've got a gigabit uplink (not that spotify or lyrics would ever use that much.)

Hey folks,

Thanks for all your replies and for the info shared.

In this case, we'll need you to send us the following details:

• Make/model and OS of the device in which you noticed this behavior.
  • Is this happening in both the desktop app and the web player?
  • If this is happening on the desktop app, please send us the exact Spotify version you're running.
  • If this is happening on the web player, please send us the browsers on which you noticed this behavior.
  • Send us all the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far.
  • It'll help us a lot if you send us a video recording of the described behavior. You can attach the videos in your next reply in mp4 format, or you can also upload them to YouTube or Google drive and make them public, so we can watch them. If this is happening in both the desktop app and the web player, make sure to show it in the video.

If you already sent us some of this info, send just the remaining details; nevertheless, keep in mind we'll need the exact Spotify version and OS version you're running on the affected devices.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

Same issue with lyrics not scrolling.

• Windows 11 BUILD 22621.1555
  • Both web player via MS edge and chrome and windows store app version Spotify for Windows
    1.2.9.743.g85d9593d

its working for me now!!

Hi @Moonyluv, what solution worked for you? 

this has occured for me as well, and it is weird and annoying, im running on window 11 as well, and this is also only on desktop for me, if anyone has any insight on how to fix this issue? @Moonyluv ?

I just thought it would share my experience and easy fix. I use windows 11 and the desktop app. All I had to do was double click the line I wanted it to track and it works now. I had only been trying to single click it for about 20 minutes and scratching my head on why it wasn't working. Hope it helps someone out there 🙂

Suggested posts