spotify bugging out after few minutes

Plan

Premium

Country

Czech Republic

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hello, like a month ago I started to have multiple issues with my spotify dekstop apliccation and it has gone to point when I cant handle it no more.

Everytime I run spotify its only working for few minutes. After that, the spotify lags out, pictures of song stops loading, skipping or pausing songs stop working and playlists or artist wont load. Usually at that point I restar spotify and those things start working again. Only one thing isnt working and its pausing or skiping songs thru the keyboard shortcuts while im in different application. It only works when I have spotify opened and not minimalized. Since I listen to music a lot while I play games its neccesary for me to have this working.

After this, the only solution is to restart the computer but even that doesnt help usually.

Sometimes it happens that spotify is working fine but its like once in a month 😄

I have tried multiple reinstallations, deleting all spotify data and cache, nothing works.

Thanks for help.

2 Replies

Hey there @Underbus

Thanks for reaching out to us, and welcome to the Community 🙂

Just to confirm, did you make sure to follow these steps when reinstalling the app? This is more thorough than a regular reinstall and can be helpful to get rid of any corrupted files that might be causing issues. 

If this doesn't do the trick, could you ask a friend or a family member to log in to their personal account using your computer to see if they can replicate this? 

Let us know how it goes. 

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello,

I've tried your suggestions and it seems to work! Thank you a lot! I think the probles was in me using the app from official website and not from the microsoft store.
Once again thank you for your help!

Suggested posts