Free

Country

Ecuador

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 7

My Question or Issue

To move the songs it does not move up, but it does work to move down in a playlist

in the video you can see what I mean

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

It sounds like this could be an account-related issue. In this case we'd suggest you give these steps a go and transfer your songs to the other account. That way you can enjoy your favorite jams on the new account as well.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Hi there @user-removed,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Can you try running a clean reinstall of the app. This involves deleting all app cache. Check out this Spotify Answer for a detailed guide.

If it's still not working properly after that let us know if it also happens on the Web player.

Let us know how you get on with this.

AlexModerator

I have this exact same problem and have done a clean uninstall. It also does not work on the web player.

Hey @yotohano,

Thanks for reaching out.

Could you let us know what the make, mode, OS version and Spotify version are on the device you mention? If you could borrow a friend or family members account and check if you can replicate the behavior, that would help us determine whether the root cause lies more with your device or the account itself.

Keep us posted, we’ll keep an eye out for your reply.

Mihail Moderator

Hi Mihail,

I'm on my laptop which is running Windows 10, and I'm running the latest version of Spotify which has this as the version info: 1.1.48.625.g1c87c7f7-a

I unfortunately do not have another account to test this on, my username on Spotify is Dogomato.

Hey @yotohano,

Thanks for getting back to us and for your feedback.

Another troubleshooting step we can suggest is that you check your Windows hosts files for any entries containing the words "spotify" or "fastly" and removing them. This Spotify Answer has detailed instructions on how to do this a bit further down, even though it's written for another topic.

If that doesn't fix thigs, we'd really appreciate it if you could create a secondary free account with another email here and give it a go. If you have the option to try on another device as well that would also help us gather as much context as possible for the issue, so that we may find a solution quicker.

Hope this is helpful but don't hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions!

Mihail Moderator

I have already done the deep uninstall of spotify and I still have the same problem, I also have the same problem with the web player

I just did the test with another account and it works normally, but how can I solve that problem in my main account?

Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

It sounds like this could be an account-related issue. In this case we'd suggest you give these steps a go and transfer your songs to the other account. That way you can enjoy your favorite jams on the new account as well.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help.

Ver Moderator

Hi Ver,

I do not know how to make a new account because my account is part of a family bundle that someone else in my family pays for. Is there no way that this can be solved for my account as it still does not work after checking the host files (there were no Spotify host files).

Hey there @yotohano,

Thank you for your reply.

The person who's the Family owner can disconnect your current account from their plan and the invite your new account to the plan.

Since this is account related there's no workarounds for this.

If you have any questions we're always one reply away.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts