Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

user name in collaborative playlist

user name in collaborative playlist

My Question or Issue

i want to start a collaborative playlist with my cousins but also want the playlist to mention who added the song (when the playlist is public). i know a collaborative playlist can't be made public but i saw someones playlist where the name of the user was mentioned .
i just want to ask how did they add the songs and still have a public playlist ( or is that they added the song and then made it public by disabling the collaborative option.)

2 Replies

> I know a collaborative playlist can't be made public
That hasn't always been the case. When Spotify was relatively small, a playlist could be both public *and* collaborative. Obviously, this invited vandalism, so they made the options mutually exclusive.

How old is the playlist you found? It would make sense for a playlist which used to be public + collaborative to keep the username information and continue to show it.

Hey @sid23,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

You should be able to see who added which song on your collaborative playlists. On desktop devices you should see the display name of the user, on mobile devices - their profile picture. If those features don't work properly we recommend that you give the steps here a go and perform a clean reinstall of the app on all your devices. They are more thorough than a regular reinstall and make sure that no corrupted files remain that might be the reason for such behavior. 

Note also that currently there isn't a way to make collaborative playlist public. It seems however that other users went ahead and created this idea requesting this feature. You can +VOTE and subscribe to it, if you haven't already. We'll keep you updated on any updates on the matter there, as soon as there are any.

Hope this was helpful for you. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts