Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

windows desktop cutting out every few seconds

Solved!

windows desktop cutting out every few seconds

Yesterday Spotify started cutting out out every 1-2 seconds during all playback on my windows desktop machine.  I've tried changing streaming quality and turning off hardware acceleration and still have the same problem.  Help!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@rmaggard

You can check it in Spotify too - click the three dots upper left - Help - About. 🙂

Anyway, I would suggest clean reinstall, it's useful for wiping out any possible in-program errors:

1. Close Spotify and uninstall it.

2. Go to %AppData% in Windows Explorer, and delete any Spotify folders you find in Local and Roaming folders.

3. Restart your computer.

4. Install Spotify.

These dropouts, did they just start to happen randomly or was there some event before this (installing updates or anything)?

Let me know how it goes!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey @rmaggard

That's not really nice! Don't worry, I'm here to help you 🙂

I'd like to know what version of Spotify (if you installed from Windows Store or downloaded from Spotify) and operating system are you running, so I can assist you better. 🙂

SebastySpotify Star

Looks like 1.0.75 and windows 10

Marked as solution

@rmaggard

You can check it in Spotify too - click the three dots upper left - Help - About. 🙂

Anyway, I would suggest clean reinstall, it's useful for wiping out any possible in-program errors:

1. Close Spotify and uninstall it.

2. Go to %AppData% in Windows Explorer, and delete any Spotify folders you find in Local and Roaming folders.

3. Restart your computer.

4. Install Spotify.

These dropouts, did they just start to happen randomly or was there some event before this (installing updates or anything)?

Let me know how it goes!

SebastySpotify Star

Yes, the version is 1.0.75.483 in "about".

Just suddenly started happening (I've used for a few years and never had problem before).  Windows did do an update last week, but was working fine.  I will try the clean install and see what happens.  Thx.

Thanks..the clean install worked!  Up and running and clear as a bell now.  

Suggested posts