Sign in with Apple has been made available to all the Spotify users worldwide.
What are the requirements to use Sign in with Apple?
- Latest version of Spotify.
- iOS 14 or later.
- An Apple ID that uses two-factor authentication (for instructions on how to turn that on, click here).
- To be signed in to iCloud with the Apple ID on the Apple device.
How can I create an account through Sign in with Apple?
- Launch the app and tap “Continue with Apple” (see screenshot below).
- Your Apple ID must be using two-factor authentication for this. You will receive a pop-up reminder from Apple if you need to turn the feature on.
- You will then be asked to confirm you want to continue and create a Spotify account with your Apple ID email address or anonymously, using Hide My Email.
How can I link my account to Sign in with Apple?
- You’ll need to make sure that your Spotify account and Apple ID share the same email address and tap “Continue with Apple” when you launch the app.
- You will then be asked to confirm you want to continue and create a Spotify account with your Apple ID email address. Make sure to select the option “Share My Email”.
- After that, you will receive a pop-up message which says “This email is already registered to an account” (see screenshot below).
- Tap “LOG IN” to access your account in this way and thus link your accounts.
I tried to Sign in with Apple but I accidentally created a new account.
- First, you’ll need to close the new account by following the steps here.
- You should be able to link your first account to Sign in with Apple by following the steps above.
How can I find the Apple-generated email address linked to my account?
- Head over to your account overview page here to view the email address.
How do l log into the Windows Spotify application with Apple ID?
- You can use your Apple ID email and choose a new password to log in on your Windows device.
- After, you’ll be able to access your account using the “Sign in with Apple” option on your Apple device (with the old password) as well as to access it on your Windows using the "classic" login button (with the new password).
I’m not getting Spotify emails relayed through Apple, what can I do?
- You can toggle email forwarding on/off via iOS settings > iCloud > Password and Security > Apple ID Logins > Spotify > "Forward to".
- Make sure to have the correct notification settings for Spotify here.
For more info about this, take a look at this article.
Didn't help? Search for more Spotify Answers, or create a new thread and ask the Community.