Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't see all my playlists on Android Auto

Solved!

Can't see all my playlists on Android Auto

Finally got Android Auto in my car, but I can only see like half of my playlists?

63 Replies

It's actually not safer, because I just end up disconnecting Android Auto and using my phone directly to access my other playlists. So, it's making me use my phone while driving 😕

I couldn't agree more! Although if the 6 click limit is to be removed, there's no point in whinging as Spotify! They can't help thre.

However what they can do, is to

a) Implement an A-Z selector so we can get to our albums past the letter 'C'

b) Implement voice searching of playlists!

Incidentally Spotify hangs every time I do a voice search at the moment...grrr!!

Agreed. Google thinks people will just shrug and say "oh, okay I can't access this" and move on. When in reality, people are unplugging their phones and selecting what they need while driving. I guess in that case Google can't be held liable in an accident since it wasn't their software directly that caused the accident, it was the driver's decision that caused it.

Yes, voice search doesn't work for me either right now. I actually started a thread about it today too.

Absolutely. I don't like the whole 'Nannying' of people! Google should allow users who are aware of the risks to disable their 6 press feature, sorry, 'safety' feature. I mean, even if the car is off and stationary you still can't browse around Android Auto. What the heck?!

Same problem here.
Someone found a solution? There is a way to crack Google Auto?
...this situation is embarrassing and absurd!

p.s.: this isn't a safety limitation, this is a killer-Spotify limitation!!

WAKE-UP!!!!

Not embarrassing or a problem. It was by design. Google did it as a safety feature and I doubt it will be easy to bypass. I hope Google changes their mind on it, (Carplay doesn't have this "safety feature") but for now that's how it is. The bigger problem is that Spotify has the playlists ordered by last added date, and there is no way to change that. I have them sorted by last played on my phone, but they don't show up that way on Android Auto. I think if they can fix that, it will help. They could also add a "favorites" to the playlist section so you could add playlists to that list that you like and it would always show up in Android Auto, assuming you haven't passed the limit. Apps really just need to adapt to this limitation and rely less on browsing and more on quick access lists. But noone has changed their app interface to accommodate, they just ported over their current app and called it done.

"Can't express how idiotic this is. Fix it " Really?

That is what the last guy said that mowed down a 2 year old while scrolling through playlists. These limitations are to please law enforcement. I am pretty sure that other laws seem idiotic to you but now that law enforcement has something to with your phone you are upset. Your phone became subject to road laws and limitations the second you plugged it into a car. When you do that other people have concerns. Don't like it? Don't plug it in. Use your phone and see if you get a ticket. If you plug in then it appears that you are not using a phone and driving at the same time, however you are, you just moved the entire distraction to the dash. This is not spotifys or googles fault. This is the way things headed. ie: "We used to ride bycycles without helmets" but that is now frowned upon as well.

The Spotify forum is not a place for you to attempt to instigate your personal judgement on anyone else. This 'Help - Android' section is for as the name suggests...Android related help. So please, keep these thoughts to yourself or perhaps a forum where debate is encouraged. But not here thank you.

Aside from your inappropriate comments, there are "safe" ways of achiving hands free music bliss that *Spotify* have not implemented. 

- Unlike Google Music, you cannot search via voice for any given playlist that has been user created;

- The current Spotify build actually fails to work with voice control at all. So, why advertise something that is essentially broken? (<<That's rhetorical).

Secondly, the 6 click thing *is* ididotic because you STILL cannot view all the Spotify playlists when the car is stationary, or even off. 

So get off your high horse BPryde, contribute in a postive way, or please refrain from making any further posts.

Many thanks.

Well, it's up to Spotify then to make the most out of the 6 click policy and implement better voice control.

I also discovered today the limitations of Spotify in my car, it is really a show stopper.

I prefer Spotify, but  when Google Play is the smarter app in my car, where I listen most of my music, I have to "Play" by Google rules I guess.

So Spotify... fix it - it's just an app:)

I would think that debate is encouraged anywhere where there is conversation! You only like posts that agree with you? Well then, i apologize that i am not  in agreement and that you considered it debating..

Oh and by the way i would never get my horse high!

Not what he meant. This forum thread was started because the Spotify app sucks in Android Auto and they need to fix it. Your post added nothing of value to that topic.

Telling people that it's unsafe to do something is passing your judgement and that's not what this forum is for. We all know it's not safe, but people are going to do it anyway. Start your own thread to complain about people using their phones while driving.

'Think' being the operative word in your sentence, you are wrong in this context. As much as I would love to get drawn into your trolling, Nolegrl88 has perfectly reinforced my rebuttle. I think we can leave it there, (thanks Nolegrl)

PS Nolegrl88 (the voice command was working again in AndroidAuto last night!) 🙂

You're welcome! I saw it was working again! Glad that got fixed at least!

Got a car with Android Auto.......... Now I cannot reach the playlist I wanna listen. Even naming i "01. Name of the list" it doesn't order the first.......................

How some real serius company can launch and APP with so little testing? I don't give a damm if its GOOGLE policy... they know exists and no one tried in a car to listen to any playlist? c'mon...........

I have found a somewhat doable "workaround", but it's not perfect. I recently found that you can create folders for playlists on the desktop version. These will carry over into the mobile app, but you can only create and edit folders on the desktop version.

I created a few folders and can access more playlists than I could before.

You still run into some issues with the tap limit, for instance, you can only store so many playlists in each folder before hitting the tap limit. Also, if you have too many folders and have to scroll to get to them, you will run into an issue where you won't be able to select anything in the folder.

Awasome workarround for a really bad app.

Thanks Im doing the folders right now 😉

You're welcome!

Some good news folks!! The latest update of android auto includes a "Parked" feature. When parked, you will find there are *no* restrictions on clicks!!!!

Yay!

Suggested posts