Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sharing tracks has stopped working

Solved!

Sharing tracks has stopped working

I've been routinely sending my girlfriend songs with the Share feature over Spotify and as of a month or so ago she stopped receiving them.

It works if I share from my work computer, but not my phone.

I'm running on a LG G2 and she has a Samsung Galaxy S5. Both Spotify apps are fully updated.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Blackin0494,

Welcome to the Community.

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your previous account. 

Sharing tracks from Android devices should be now fixed. 

Can you send us your 8-digit case # number so we can chase it up?

Thanks! 

View solution in original post

19 Replies

Additional info: Just tested the "Sign out everywhere" feature at https://www.spotify.com/us/account/overview/ and logged back in with the app. Same problem.

Also she can send tracks to me but she doesn't get the ones I send her.

Exact same problem.

Myself and a group of friends send each other music constantly... until a few weeks ago.

Now, I only recieve music sent from a desktop, not from our phones. Myself and all of my friends are running LG G3's

I run Spotify on my desktop, Laptop and LG phone. Makes no difference, I get nothing if they send it to me from their phones. Only from their desktops.

Incidentally, I can send them music from my phone, laptop, desktop... they get it no matter what.

Is it Account-Based?

HELP!!!

This appears to be a global problem.

I experienced the same problems with Mac OS X 10.10, iOS 8 and the web version of Spotify. I tried different accounts.

It is quite annoying, to say the least.

Still can't send any songs. Do I need to provide any further information?

I've just escalated this thread to the team and hopefully someone will be able to look into this for you as I fear it may be the server side.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Hey everyone,

Are you still having this issue?

Is so, please confirm these details for us:
1. Your device
2. Your device's OS and version
3. The Spotify app version you have installed

Is this happening when you try to Share... > Send to... > a friend directly?

Thanks!

Yes we are still having this issue.

1. LG G2

2. LG Android 4.2.2

3. 2.6.0.813

Yes this happens when I try to Share... > Send to... > a friend directly.

Yes, still happening here and my friends and I are ready to switch to another service. It's THAT frustrating and THAT important of a feature.

1. Your device -  LG G3 android phones
2. Your device's OS and version - Android version 5.0.1
3. The Spotify app version you have installed - Spotify version 2.6.0.813

Happens when any of my friends try to send me something using their phones (All of them are on LG G3 android phones). It doesn't come through to me at all. Doesn't come through to my phone, laptop, desktop, etc.

If they send me something from their DESKTOP, it will come through. Just not if sent by their phones.

The problem with this is, all of us very rarely use Spotify on our Desktops. We all are Premium subscribers and listen using our phones.

Again, this has been an awesome feature. We were constantly sharing songs we would find. If the feature doesn't come back soon, all of us agree we'll be finding another sharing service to use, and canceling our subscriptions.

Hey @Chetic and @Blackin0494,

Thanks for all the information. We've passed it on to the right team and hopefully we'll have some news soon.

We'll be right here if you need us.

Thanks! 

I'm also experiencing the same problem from OP's friends' side for a month or longer.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 4

App Version:2.6.0.813

I'm connected with Facebook. I can go to Share> Send to... > Select Recipient>  and my facebook friends show up, I can select the recipient, write a message and send the song/artist/playlist/etc, a little bubble shows up saying "Sent to [Friend's Name]" but no one receives anything I send. The feature works in the web app and the desktop version but not on mobile, which is unfortunately the version I use 90% of the time.

Thanks for looking into the problem.

I am also having the exact same problem, it started March 5th @ 12:00PM. Last song I recieved was at 11:59AM, last one I sent was at 10:34AM that day. Since then my wife and I have not been able to share songs to eachother's inboxes. Neither of us use the desktop app, we only use the Android app. 

We both have identical setups

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 on AT&T

Android: 5.0

App: 2.6.0.813

Thanks for the info, @RileyHillen and @Krono89!

I've pass this on to the right team. We'll keep you posted with any new updates!

Teresa.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

Same problem has been happening here for about a month. Can you please let us know when the issue is expected to be addressed?

Thanks for the help.

Just cancelled premium. Gosh I love capitalism.

**UPDATE**

Sent an email(yet again) to support@spotify.com :

----------------------------------------------------------

Existing issue tied to account:  ********

Unable to receive tracks sent from friends using the phones. They can send me songs fine using their desktop PC’s, but none of us really ever use our desktops, so it’s kind of pointless.

Everything just magically stopped working a couple updates ago. Same update that moved the volume bar and such to the other side of the screen on the desktop.

If sent from their phones, song never shows up in Inbox on ANY of my devices: LG G3 phone, Laptop, Desktop PC, Tablet

If sent from their Desktop PC, comes through fine on all devices.

I have just canceled subscription on the above account.

I have created brand new account and signed up for Premium. New account:  *******

New account has been tied to Facebook and everything works perfectly. Friends can now send me songs from their phones again.

Have had the ******* account for years now and would really just like to continue using it. Please take a look at that account and let me know if you need me to do anything from my side. If able to get it working properly, I will be happy to reactivate and re-signup for Premium using it instead of this new account.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply recieved earlier today:

Thanks for your email. It sounds like you're seeing one of a few changes we've made to Spotify recently, which may or may not be permanent. Your feedback - which we'll pass on to the relevant people here - is important because, overall, we try out these changes as part of our ongoing dedication to make Spotify even better. Because of this we strongly recommend that you keep your new account, don't worry! We can transfer any playlists and starred tracks from your old account to the new one. Let us know if you agree to this, and if you do, please confirm the following for security purposes:

• Date of birth registered in the account.
  • Postal/Zip code.
  • Last 4 digits of your payment card and the Invoice ID from your most recent payment via PayPal.

We're looking forward to hear from you, if you have any questions at all, please let us know. Have an amazing day! Juan

------------------------------------------------------------------

My response just now:

What a wonderfully useless canned reply to my email…

I’ve already rebuilt my playlists and such over to the new account. That’s hardly the point. I should be able to properly use my old, existing account, not be forced to create a brand new one in order to utilize all the functionality of the app.

If the loss of a couple features were a product of “a few changes we’ve made to Spotify recently”, it wouldn’t magically start working correctly on a brand new account.

Also, what kind of company asks for ANY kind of payment information from their customers across an email medium??? That right there just crushed a great amount of respect I happened to have left for Spotify.

It’s truly just a waiting game now for me and my friends for the next cool music app to come along so we can all be rid of this bug-ridden nonsense.

Marked as solution

Hey @Blackin0494,

Welcome to the Community.

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your previous account. 

Sharing tracks from Android devices should be now fixed. 

Can you send us your 8-digit case # number so we can chase it up?

Thanks! 

My issues seem to have been fixed, thanks!

I have been having this exact same issue as described. Most frustrating.

In the past I could click on a playlist hit share enter my followers name and send that playlist to them. this no longer works and that isw the reason I have spotify and recommend spotify to my friends if that is no longer true I have reconcider.

Suggested posts