Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[0.8.8] Bring back total playlist length!

UPDATE: Playlist length is back in desktop version 0.9.4.185.g7545a404 😃

Update 0.8.8.349 for the desktop client removed the indicator to see how long each playlist is in terms of time.

BRING THIS BACK -- and PLEASE add the playlist length indicator to the web player and the mobile apps too!

Who at Spotify thought this was acceptable?

If you DO bring this back... make it more accurate!

3.5 hours should not show as 3 hours! There is a huge difference!

*People get mad because you are dealing with their music. Music means everything to us, and when you screw it up, things aren't pretty. It's just like me going into your house and rearranging everything and in the process I stole something and left the toilet unflushed on the way out.*

Playlist length added to desktop 0.9.4.185 Hey guys, As you may have seen in the latest version of the desktop client, the total length of the playlist has been added back! In the top right corner, next to the 'Available Offline' switch. It should display how long the playlist is in hours and minutes, until the playlist gets over 8hrs long (then the minutes are dropped).
Comments
willisokong

Showing my support. Bring back the playlist times! Without them much of spotify's usefulness is gone!

Hutspotify

I'm glad I'm not the only one who misses this feature! I really hope it will come back, making playlists like "30 minutes of X" or "2012 in one hour" is a lot more difficult now..

Choekaas

I fully agree with the rest of you.

The duration of playlists are very important to me. Why was this removen? 

Please bring it back!

Rorey
Status changed to: Watch this space

Thanks for the feedback everyone. We're excited so many of you are so enthusiastic about this topic and we wanted to let you know we've heard you. We plan to add this back in the near future so keep an eye on this thread and we'll let you know as soon as we have an update. Thanks again for your votes and comments!

Peter__

YEY 😄 finally!!! I hope this is one of many issues to be addressed soon! 🙂 

Peter

veevandyke

Just to add my .02 to the already loud list of complaints. I also use Spotify (premium) for a fitness class and darnit... I have to export my lists to Excel and sum to get the total amount of time. I'm getting ready to put together a 2 hour class for Saturday, and you're really going to make me add these up? REALLY??

SpinningElaine

I'm a spinning instructor and this WAS a great feature to know how many songs I could play in my hour spin!! For now, I've been using a time calulator to manually add up the times of the songs. ANNOYING!!! Please bring back the total time of my playlists and even make it specific to minutes and seconds!

Fitness instructors would GREATLY appreciate it!!

This is unbelievably frustrating!  This makes the playlists almost totally useless, especially for someone who works out.  Just spent ten minutes adding them up on a calculator.  How could they get rid of this and call it an "upgrade?"  

katkaterson

I was thinking about upgrading to Spotify Premium - definitely won't if playist length isn't a feature.

MattSuda

GOOD NEWS: Playlist length will be coming back soon in an update! Keep checking back for updates.