Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Account] Quickly switch between saved Accounts

English:

I just ask to be able to use several different accounts from the same device.

Spanish:

Tan solo pido poder usar varias cuentas diferentes desde un mismo dispositivo.

Updated on 2024-04-15

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that the option to switch between accounts is being implemented. We'll start with Android mobile devices and tablets. Remember this is slowly being rolled out for everyone, so if you don't see it now, just make sure to keep your app up to date.

image.png

At the moment, we don’t have any info to share about when this will be available for iOS users. Rest assured that any news will be posted here.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
d-roam

"VERY EASY to implement feature"

Lol. How many multi-user applications have you programmed, ektorbarajas?

nicholascornish

Agreed. I can understand the complexity in implementing this type of feature, especially considering the somewhat contradictory existing functionality of Spotify Connect (allowing one user to be logged in on multiple devices simultaneously).

Developing features for a product on such a global scale is never 'very easy'. 

jtwilly

My tops songs of 2020 is 80% of music on my kid's playlists that I always try to set to "private" before playing. I have my kids set up with different accounts, but logging in/out to switch accounts is too annoying. If we had the account switcher, I would remove my kids' playlists from my account which would force me to always switch. 

Ceeko

Same here. 3 out of 5 bands are kids' stuff. For all the metrics involved... I can't even share this, or even like It. Do none of the devs have kids? Do they not understand that even with a Family account, kidsmusic will get played (e.g. In the car...)? It's a big miss. 

jonstorer

All -

Theres a dedicated kids Spotify app. It doesn’t solve some of the issues in this thread, but it may solve the kids’ music mixed in one. 

jtwilly

We tried the kids app. It didn’t have my kid’s favorite songs and it lead to them a bunch of **bleep** I don’t want to hear.

sjk35

It seems so simple to get this implemented.  Just shy of 5 years since this post originated, and still no movement.  I can respect the challenge, I suppose, but seems trivial to add a "which account" option under the settings cog.

Zonk76

No, the kids app is no solution. It's quite useless as there is no cast functionality to Chromecast.

Furthermore there are no playlists like in the regular app. Just individual albums, which need to be selected one by one. 

Spotify with kids works only if kids are old enough to operate their own phone. That's why I am testing Deezer now. They have simple switch between profiles. A very simple and helpful feature.

markemark

This is so frustrating 

my use case 

I have child profile on family account so have explicit filter on

i want to be able to easily switch account but cannot

so frustrating!!!! Please fix

chris4223

For me the family account does not make sense without this feature. I have small children, who don't have a smartphone or tablet of their own. An alternative for me would be to use the Kids App to stream music and content to the Spotify Connect Device in their room. But sadly, the Kids App lacks this feature as well (feature is requested, but also not implemented yet).. Currently thinking of cancelling my family account again, as major features making this useful for me, are missing.