Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Account] Quickly switch between saved Accounts

English:

I just ask to be able to use several different accounts from the same device.

Spanish:

Tan solo pido poder usar varias cuentas diferentes desde un mismo dispositivo.

Updated on 2024-04-15

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that the option to switch between accounts is being implemented. We'll start with Android mobile devices and tablets. Remember this is slowly being rolled out for everyone, so if you don't see it now, just make sure to keep your app up to date.

image.png

At the moment, we don’t have any info to share about when this will be available for iOS users. Rest assured that any news will be posted here.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
dlow123

I completely agree with the comments here. How do we up vote this 1000 times?

Can someone from Spotify speak to why this isn't an option already?

I have kids and would love the option to have separate profiles / switch accounts for them easily. The Spotify kids app is not it for us. 

I would happily pay more for this feature. 

bannier

Latest answer dates back to 2019. Maybe it's time to reconsider @Spotify ? And to the many MANY people begging for this feature, having to listen to long series of baby shark without notice in the "liked" playlist : How about we try to use social networks to show this "how it's like to share Spotify account with your kids" thing ?

I'm thinking of a couple of ideas :

- what if this happened during a live shows and bands switched to kids songs?

- what you're reading a book and suddenly without warning you have to read some random kids book chapter

- what if a book store advised you to read Kafka, Kant and Peppa pig ?

I'm sure we can find many funny ways to express our frustration. Could hashtag, memes, video...

coljac

I can't believe this isn't an option. Like many people my account has been polluted by kids' songs to the point where the recommendations are completely random - sea shanties, Tiny Tim, explicit hip hop. It's especially am issue in the car. I'd love to tap a button in the car to swap between my music or the kids, or let my wife play her Adele.

Stupid music oligopoly!

askjdljqwoij
Sad but true: I gave Apple Music a try but they neither have this options. So next will be Deezer, I think they implented it well for families.

Spotify: I am a premium user for more than ten years now. Would love to stay but the feature to easily switch accounts/profiles on one device is a game changer.
Novy
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2024-04-15

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that the option to switch between accounts is being implemented. We'll start with Android mobile devices and tablets. Remember this is slowly being rolled out for everyone, so if you don't see it now, just make sure to keep your app up to date.

image.png

At the moment, we don’t have any info to share about when this will be available for iOS users. Rest assured that any news will be posted here.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

HuB

It's happening at last!

But no news yet for iOS users... 🙄

Please implement to iOS as soon as possible.

scaud

Hallelujah!

bannier

Wonderfull ! Now I need to figure out how to unlearn Spotify about all those kids songs 😅

maybe start another account from scratch?

Berniberni

😲🫢😭😭😭💦🙌🙌🙌🙌🎇👍👍👍🤸💃🥳💃🥳💃🎉🌟🌟🎊🎉🪅😁WHOOP WHOOP🤸🤸

markemark

Yippie

thank you

can you please ensure Alexa has ability to switch account too

even better if it can be linked to different voice profiles - that would be super smart and allow kids to play their own music in their rooms 

only took 8 years!!!!