Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Add Equalizer in Spotify

For ipod touch there is a huge need for eq because Spotify bypasses the regular Apple Sound Settings.

I use high end headphones but need to be able to fintune the settings so I can enjoy my music and tech equally.

So please, please make an EQ for the spotify app

Updated: 2015-09-17

Spotify now lets you enjoy music audio the way you want to hear it with the launch of our in-app equalizer on the iPhone and iPad.

Simply update the latest version of the Spotify iOS app and go to Settings > Playback > Equalizer to access the new feature.

If you're one of our Android friends, we already have a native equalizer which you can access inside the app under Audio Effects in the Settings. 

If you'd like to see an equalizer on desktop you can give kudos to this "Equalizer for the Desktop Version" idea. Thanks!

Comments
peawjay

There's a good reason Apple are so successful - they understand about what people want.

One thing people want is an equalizer. iTunes has one. When will Spotify?

expphoto

Completely agree on this. My built in Android player has one, why the heck doesn't spotify. Half the music on Spotify (using munitio headphones) sounds high in treble, but low in bass. Which kinda sucks when you are listening to dubstep. This is a much needed feature. And don't make it some pathetic equalizer, needs to be quality. 

julien04

PLEASE ADD AN EQ FOR THE CLIENT AS WELL AS THE MOBILE APP! ALL IT NEEDS FOR SPOTIFY TO BE PERFECT!

DemDave

Equalify works well...if you have a PC. It doesn't help those of us using OSX or other platforms. 

There's still a need for a Spotify EQ for a good swath of users. 

NicoLasDiDo

Equalizer Please!!!!!!!

Goofy

Would be very nice to have the iOS equalizer settings to work with the spotify app too.

Mansonss
I highly agree. The presets are terrible in the iOS and itd be amazing if my spotify music could sound better.
Menzonius

I would also welcome the option of having some control over the way the music is played over my sound system. The means to do so seems to be ubiquitous in most other related software, and it seems demand for an equaliser is even driving development of third party software (eq 'Equalify'). So why not implement a native EQ function in Spotify?

momami1

I'm using Spotify a lot, but when i use my speakers or my boomblaster, the bass is too low. Please add EQ for iOS and Android! Then we can adjust the sound and bass ourselves!

MattssonCarl
Desperately needs an equalizer, music sounds really crappy compared to other applications. Users shouldn't have to become used to worse-sounding music just to avoid being on the dark side..