Add Equalizer in Spotify

For ipod touch there is a huge need for eq because Spotify bypasses the regular Apple Sound Settings.

I use high end headphones but need to be able to fintune the settings so I can enjoy my music and tech equally.

So please, please make an EQ for the spotify app

Updated: 2015-09-17

Spotify now lets you enjoy music audio the way you want to hear it with the launch of our in-app equalizer on the iPhone and iPad.

Simply update the latest version of the Spotify iOS app and go to Settings > Playback > Equalizer to access the new feature.

If you're one of our Android friends, we already have a native equalizer which you can access inside the app under Audio Effects in the Settings. 

If you'd like to see an equalizer on desktop you can give kudos to this "Equalizer for the Desktop Version" idea. Thanks!

Related Ideas

Comments
Diastro
Roadie

Bumpity bump! I totally agree with everyone in this thread. I use the EQ in iTunes very genttly because I have a flat set of speakers and in-ears. It's the only thing I miss in Spotify!

Caranja
Music Fan

NEED!!

Musik is nothing without an EQ...

skullscream1
Regular

Δ<start with the bottom line and then up then down between info tab and hide tab make it a vit bigger than this one offcource

thapchild
Concert VIP

Honestly, the youtube link worked!  There is a EQ hidden in spotify.  And I will now resubsubscribe. 

It works pretty good, 10 band eq.

watch this link, no BULLS***

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ-i3JnM7Y4

Quattro123
Regular
Hey! It is an inbuilt EQ to Spotify. Just start a song, so you get up the album cover, (this need some attempts) quickly draw the small letter "e" on the album. It will sometimes change song, but it'll work.
LandonClifford
Regular

All this talk about "get better headphones"..... I have top of the line audiophile headphones(Not bass hog Beats mind you) and I still like to tweak the EQ to optimize the sound quality I'm hearing. PLEASE try and make this happen soon!

iAmGagoMan
Regular

I recently discovered the hidden EQ as well and it definitely made the sound much better out of my iPhone.  Unfortunately I have updated it and have lost it!!!  Not very happy and agree if anyone finds a way to get it back post here please!!

girlssinging
Regular

I am really disappointed that the equalizer has been removed from the latest iOS update.

I suffer from industrial hearing loss with poor hearing in the mid-range band.   I desperately need equalization to compensate for this.  I am sure there are other people with hearing disabilities as well, so this is an important issue.

This implies that a more sophisticated equalizer is required rather than the old hidden basic one, because people like me need to be able to adjust for specific frequency ranges.

Jezza_B
Regular

Hi Spotify, it was great to see that you are working on an equalizer. Even if it's not ready yet.

I have five sets of headphones and also use a wireless speeaker - all of them sound different! So I am eager to see this implemented.

It would be great if users can save their own equalizer profiles as part of this change.

Really enjoying the service so far

econstantin
Regular
I think it's unacceptable to have come this far in product development without implementing an EQ, given both the facts that 1) there is high demand from your customer base, and 2) it would be a key differentiator from other streaming service. In fact, to "vote with my dollars" -- I'm going to cancel my Spotify premium subscription and switch to a different service (MOG, Rdio) -- I'll consider switching back to Spotify once there's an equalizer. Get your act together.