Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Add Equalizer in Spotify

For ipod touch there is a huge need for eq because Spotify bypasses the regular Apple Sound Settings.

I use high end headphones but need to be able to fintune the settings so I can enjoy my music and tech equally.

So please, please make an EQ for the spotify app

Updated: 2015-09-17

Spotify now lets you enjoy music audio the way you want to hear it with the launch of our in-app equalizer on the iPhone and iPad.

Simply update the latest version of the Spotify iOS app and go to Settings > Playback > Equalizer to access the new feature.

If you're one of our Android friends, we already have a native equalizer which you can access inside the app under Audio Effects in the Settings. 

If you'd like to see an equalizer on desktop you can give kudos to this "Equalizer for the Desktop Version" idea. Thanks!

Comments
kenzoviski

I had to take the time to leave my opinion about this matter, although being a subject already discussed on the community of Spotify but apparently and sadly the devs just don't give a crap.

So I summon all the devs, in name of every single user of Spotify, please oh God please just implement the Equalizer already.
This is getting ridiculous because the equalizer that works with Spotify is a 3rd party software and you have to pay for it!!!!!

Spotify is like this multi-millionaire company who can't even hire/afford the guy who developed the equalizer in order to bring some new content/customization to the player itself and Spotify-Users.

I'm not gonna waste anymore time trying to open Spotify devs eyes in this matter because it seems that sound quality isn't a priority at all, when it should since we're talking about a "Music Streaming Service" and since it's a "Service" you should deliver it the best you could. To finalize this post I wanna say one more thing to the moderators of the forum, please, don't even try to "solve" my post by saying:

"The implementation of an equalizer isn't expected any time soon" cause we, the users of your player, are just fed up of all the excuses that you come up with. Just gather a team of 5 coders and hands to work so we, once again the users of your awful quality sound player, be happy with this easy and so anticipated feature called "THE EQUALIZER".

Thank you for reading my post, remember to always listen to the community because without them you wouldn't be a multi-millionaire company as I previous stated.

Goodbye.

fps_derek

Is this for real? Everything about this desktop app is amazing. Then I go to open then equalizer so I can actually enjoy all my new music on my expensive headphones... and oh... there isn't one... I can't believe this isn't top priorty to be honest. It's like buying a new super car and then when you get in, there's a 50cc motor in it. Especially as a paid service, this is an embarassment. Almost worth just torrenting again so I can at least hear the music properly.

comare03

As the antenna signal here is too poor, I can't use my mobile phone to listen to Spotify on work. So I have to use the desktop version on my PC. It sounds HORRIBLE on the headphones. Come on, it is absolutely ridiculous that you still haven't implemented an equalizer on the desktop version! Not even on the premium paid version! Shame on you.

This is really not a big thing knowing that the formerly free add-on worked so well, at least on windows (never tried other OS). Now this extension is no longer free. So why the heck don't you implement your own equalizer, at least for premium users?

Add an equalizer on the Desktop version. Please. Soon. Or state at least that you are working on this.

If not, you are going to loose clients. And it will be your own fault.

rmleloup

Add the equalizer and visulizer back for the desktop revisions. Seriously. I have high end sound card in my laptop, and definitely in my pc. And yet... I'm treated to less then admirable options... seriously... fail complimentary to the great devs of spotify... Listen to your folks, we are asking for the best of the best.

heppsann

Welp, Apple music is here and has an equalizer. I'm out, was fun while it lasted.

Neuroparalytic

Couldn't care less about the need of an equalizer on crapple devices. But I would like to see it on PC.

It would be nice to include one, due to the fact we pay for the subscription. I do not want to have to pay another

subscription fee or a lump sum to add a 3rd party EQ.

aliche

Hi everyone,

I think it would be very practical to have a semi automated setting option on the hypothetical equalizers coming in future. 2 suggestion came to my mind regarding this:

First, develop the app in a way that it tunes the knobs automatically based on the genre of the playing song!

Second suggestion, would be to introduce classes of headphones for less experienced users who do not necessarily know about the best setting for their headphones.

ab17

Adding an equalizer would make using Spotify on a PC perfect. It's literally all that's missing from the computer version of Spotify. If it's on mobile, it should too be on PC

malvlex

The thing that bothers me even more than the fact that there is no equalizer, is that this thread is already three years old and still Spotify has no equalizer built in in its desktop client.

I mean, I understand that it is not possible to just integrate it from one week/month to another, but three years... Are you kidding me?

Moreover, as it is already available in the mobile clients, it seems to me that it shouldn't be that hard to also integrate it in the desktop client?

ChunkD

Is it even worth writing in this thread? I see many customers replying to it with the same thing. We ALL want an equilizer on our desktop Spotify, yet no one from Spotify has bothered to let us know if this is something that will be rolled out or even considered!! 

Seriously, that is all we want! Spotify would be THE greatest music app if it had one! As it is, it is going to quickly fall behind other competitors simply becasue of a lack of something so basic! 

Should a new thread be started specifically for the desktop equalizer so someone actually sees this?!

Could someone from Spotify please get back to us on this?!