Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Add support for Google ChromeCast

Will you be adding support to the ChromeCast that Google announced today? Would be great to be able to easily stream music from all my devices to my receiver and tv.

Please see the Api information here: https://developers.google.com/cast/

Update: implementing ChromeCast is superior to using the Chrome browser plugin to move a tab with the Spotify web interface to your TV for multiple reasons. Most importantly:

- You can stream higher fidelity

- You can stream from every device, not only from a computer/laptop

- You can control from multiple devices (so if I leave the room my wife can control Spotify with her phone)

If implemented correctly this would match the functionality of Sonos for a much lower price.

Update February 4th 2014: Okay, so Google has released the SDK now. Please start working on the functionality or at the very minimum give an update to the status...

Update February 19th 2014: 2,000 kudos, hundreds of replies (with more than a handful of cancelations). Apparently Spotify Germany has confirmed Chromecast support is coming. An update would be nice

Update March 24th 2014: 2,500 kudos and still no update. Cancelled my subscription today. Sorry, but if you don't listen to your paying customers we will have to speak with our wallets.

Updated: 2015-10-22

In collaboration with Google, we’re thrilled to announce one of your most requested features here in The Spotify Idea Exchange is here. Spotify now works with your Chromecast.

With Chromecast, listening at home is easy. Simply plug in and cast music directly from your phone or tablet. Play, skip, browse and search using the Spotify app--all Spotify users will get the on demand experience on Chromecast. Oh, and feel free to make calls, watch a video or play games - the music will keep playing. Even if your battery runs out.

To learn more about how you can listen at home, head over to www.spotify.com/at-home.

Spotify on Chromecast from SpotifyCares on Vimeo.

Comments
sporedd
Still waiting.. Deezer is starting tot make more sense every minute
newbish

Glad I made the switch to google music, I miss the spotify social aspects but I can add music from my own collection to the library and access it via my mobile devices (playlists work everywhere not just locally on the device they were created on when mixing local and online content!)

I would still go back in a heartbeat but as long as they continue to ignore customer demand im happy to spend my dollars elsewhere.

oskbor

I also switched to Google Play Music, would be eager to go back if Spotify decides to support Chromecast

maikr

Innovation and a user-centric approach brought you into the spotlight, fear and dominance will set you back into the dark.

Thanks for your service, but there are some new kids in town. Just cancelled my Spotify Permium account.

Maik

sfeinman

The only thing holding me back from going premium is the lack of ChromeCast functionality. If this was added, I would upgrade, no second thoughts!!

atanor

PLEASE ADD SUPPORT FOR GOOGLE CHROMECAST!!! It's a complete nonsense that Spotify don't support Chromecast, I could seriously change service and pass to Google Play Music or other, if I won't be able to play Spotify on my TV and Stereo.

That's a commercial suicide this way, think about that before it's too late...

jjfoshay

Casting http://play.spotify.com from a tab in Chrome works pretty well.

Gait

Please @jjfoshay, read this thread before you say something ... useless.

Andrews32

Throughout this thread, we've called Spotify customer "support" and PR "sad" and "desperate," and now the mainstream media is getting in on the act! 

http://www.vulture.com/2014/11/taylor-swift-removed-spotify.html

Even the prestigious New York Times is doing it! http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/11/03/taylor-swift-announces-world-tour-and-pulls-her-music-f...

It's great to see the people are now inordinately aware of how out of touch and, frankly, unprofessional Spotify's team is. I knew this would start to bleed into the mainstream eventually...it's only going to keep growing and the sentiment will grow until they learn to actually listen to what their customers want (hint: whiny emo posts that would make people on LiveJournal embarrassed are not a good start).

mazarian

Officially canceled! Chromecast support may have kept me...but now that All Access has Songza built in I can't go back.  Google Play All Access just because undeniably AMAZING.

Goodbye Spotify!