Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Add time synced lyrics

Can we have time synced lyrics, Spotify been in the music game long enough to understand that it's an important feature, most of us leave the app and open a browser just to check the lyrics.

Note:
don't mark this idea as duplicated and link me a to a post that was made 4 years ago, also am not asking for normal lyrics that we already have (behind the lyrics or story line)am asking for Time Synced lyrics just like Apple Music offers.

check the videos to understand what I mean.

or this 

5854D22B-D2C5-484B-BDE9-2BB14CB218F3.png

Updated on 2021-11-18

Hey folks,

Thanks for your feedback on the Lyrics feature. We’ve heard you and we’re happy to announce Lyrics are here!

You can find Lyrics on Free and Premium for users across iOS and Android devices, desktop, gaming consoles, and TV.

To learn more about the roll out and how to access lyrics, view this announcement.

Cheers!

Comments
wojx

I know Spotify is testing the lyrics in some countries since 2019 provided by Musixmatch. I don't know why it takes so long. This it the key function. Users would love it. The only thing Spotify would need to do is to the option well. Other works are making Musixmatch contributors, which transcribe lyrics and sync them. So Spotify checks if the song's ID is in the Musixmatch database. If it is, then it checks if the ID of the song on Spotify equals the ID in Musixmatch catalogue. If they're equal, then it checks if there are published and synced lyrics. If they are, then display them in the app, that's all. Testing lyrics for more than two years and it's still not available for European users. I hope they roll the lyrics update soon for European users. For now I just have to use the Musixmatch app to see the lyrics, but it's not comfortable to switch between two apps.

robinbmac

Come on! Wake this idea back up. We need time synced lyrics!! Please 

Novy
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2021-11-18

Hey folks,

Thanks for your feedback on the Lyrics feature. We’ve heard you and we’re happy to announce Lyrics are here!

You can find Lyrics on Free and Premium for users across iOS and Android devices, desktop, gaming consoles, and TV.

To learn more about the roll out and how to access lyrics, view this announcement.

Cheers!

robinbmac
I noticed and I love it! Thank you so much Spotify 🥳🥳🥳
Verwolff

Finally, it is implemented. Good. Pity, it had to take so much time for you.