Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Bookmark Position in an Audiobook or Podcast

Hey there,

Now that Spotify have added a bunch of Audiobooks and Podcasts, I think it would be a nice idea to have the option to:
Pause your audiobook/podcast > go back to listening to music > and then be able to get back to your book/podcast and pick up where you left of, without having to memorize the time that you paused.

What do you think?

Have a good enough day!

< moderator edits >

Updated on 2018-10-15

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

We're setting this one to implemented.
Although there's not a specific 'bookmarking' feature, Spotify does now keep track of where you left off in a podcast, and store that progress for you across your devices and sessions.

If you'd like to see the same behaviour for audio books, we'd recommend making a new Community Idea for this. In the meantime, we've passed all of your feedback along to the right teams.

Thanks!

Comments
sylten

Awesome idea! Make it happened Spotify!

blake
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Marked as New Idea and edited title to make it easier to find via search. This idea is a repost of this inactive idea.

nbulp

I love the idea! I would use it for a completely different reason, but I'd definitely use it - A LOT!

Have, not just a good day, but good enough! 😉

squarooticus

Similarly, I found a huge playlist of stand up comedy with several thousand tracks, but currently I have to remember or write down where I was in this playlist when I return after listening to music. It would be great if playlists had a bookmark feature that allows you to pause an individual playlist and return to it later.

Please implement this. It would add a lot of value!
Hari1
Please implement!!!
fredhead1

Came looking for how to do this. . . . The way stitcher does this is awesome for long podcasts. . . . 

I think this is a necessary feature if you;re going to be streaming audiobooks. It's too hard to move the time slider to the last position, if you can even remember what that was. 

Kalmi

I would say it is actually impossible to move the slider to your exact last position on iDevices as the slider is so small compared to the length of most audiobooks.

delae
Using multiple devices and having sync enabled, makes it annoying to listen to audio books. I listen to audio books on my mobile. After listening to music on my desktop, my mobile device shows the last played music track making it a pain to find the position in the audio book where I left off.
jkm1

Fully support the idea!

Without this feature it is very painful to try to listen to an audiobook !!

Because - yes you will definitely want to listen to music in between .

I would say all major players targeted for the audio book market has the feature!

Go go go !!