Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Bookmark Position in an Audiobook or Podcast

Hey there,

Now that Spotify have added a bunch of Audiobooks and Podcasts, I think it would be a nice idea to have the option to:
Pause your audiobook/podcast > go back to listening to music > and then be able to get back to your book/podcast and pick up where you left of, without having to memorize the time that you paused.

What do you think?

Have a good enough day!

< moderator edits >

Updated on 2018-10-15

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

We're setting this one to implemented.
Although there's not a specific 'bookmarking' feature, Spotify does now keep track of where you left off in a podcast, and store that progress for you across your devices and sessions.

If you'd like to see the same behaviour for audio books, we'd recommend making a new Community Idea for this. In the meantime, we've passed all of your feedback along to the right teams.

Thanks!

Comments
Daniel_W_90

I can only agree to all the feedbacks. The minimum should be something like a sign that means "already listened to this part of the book". 

IWantSunshine

Still waiting for Spotify to implement this...

JeremyLullaby

Yes audiobooks as well as podcasts. I'm curious why this function wasn't implemented alongside the addition of both.

aliakcay585

This Idea is form 2015!!  

plissk3n

Lately I am listening a lot to audiobooks and I am missing this feature dearly. Sometime it's a track position but most of the time it's which track in an audiobook have I listened to the last time. It's not easy to find right track manually. Often there are 100-200 tracks per audiobook and on mobile the tracknumber often isn't visible because the titles are too long.

Easily mark the played songs and voila problem solved.

Fridward

Maybe time to switch to another streaming service. i have been waiting for this feature for years and i have given up on them. I guess it is not even in their backlog ....

well napster does have bookmarks 

balbidur
I think this is a valuable idea esp useful to audio book listeners.... To me it would be sufficient to bookmark/mark a titel (ie color?) and it wouldn't even nexessary to have the exact time when it stopped. This improvement appears to me rather easy to do. It would be a real benefit and weighted against 1.000 people looking for this feature I would consider it worth doing (Especiall as competitors offer such a function...) Currently I call the track-number I want to remember on my phone, so I have it in the called list. This way it dissapears automatically and I don't have to create a permament note (should be avoided with 110 and 112 in Germany :-))
IWantSunshine

Why hasn't Spotify implemented this still? We've been asking for this for over two years now? Would somebody from Spotify comment please>

IWantSunshine

Oh, and please make Spotify remember positions in music playlists too, not just in audiobooks.

hseberle

Audiobooks are almost useless without this feature! Please make it happen! Useful for Music as well!