Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Your Library] Increase maximum Songs allowed in Your Music

I feel like the maximum amount of songs allowed in one playlist, and subsequently in "Songs" playlist under the new "Collections" feature, should be more than 10,000.

Quite frankly it should be unlimited. 

We are paying for a service but limited on how many songs we are able to save? That is absurd to me.

I recently started saving all of my albums into "Collections" and got stuck at about 1/4 of the way through - 10,000 songs has been reached and I am no longer able to save any more albums.

PLEASE INCREASE MAX NUMBER OF SONGS IN COLLECTION FEATURE!!!

WHAT IS A COLLECTION IF YOU HAVE TO LIMIT YOUR TASTE???

Updated on 2020-05-26

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange.

We're excited to be marking this idea as implemented!
We've now removed the limit on saved items in Your Library, making it possible to save songs, and albums on Spotify to your heart's content.

As the app has changed quite a bit since this idea was submitted, please be aware that some functionality is now different. This change does not impact the limit on the number of songs in a playlist other than your Liked Songs.

For more info, check out this blog post.

Comments
Devin1405

This limit is the dumbest thing ever. Please remove it. I have nearly 20,000 starred tracks and ever increasing. Why could we have unlimtied starred tracks but not unlimtited tracks in our music? What purpose does this limit even serve? I can't think of one...

yatil

There is no need for a cap at all, this sucks big time.

hlilje

I can see this limit being reasonable from a database perspective, but I quickly hit the 10K limit while adding playlists to My Music.

If this limit was removed this feature would be much more awesome, but atm I can't truly consider it a replacement for having playlists to keep track of good albums (which is rather clumsy).

Now I instead have the issue of 'which albums are worth saving, and which should I remove to make room', etc.

cohenfs

Like with the old "Library," there should be no limit on tracks or it should be raised to a number, e.g., 500,000, where we can effectively choose what OUR music is without worrying about maxing out the limit. Spotify is not listening to this complaint at all. The company team will not respond to the complaint except to offer the generic, "We're listening" or "We're making changes." They won't increase or eliminate this measly limit, pure and simple. What grates on me is the refusal to explain the benefits or need for this 10k-track limit. To just remain silent when thousands of customers have posted and given kudos to posts on this subject is infuriating. Stop with the generic responses Spotify and please provide a specific response to a concern expressed and shared by thousands of your customers. If there's a development or database issue, then explain it. 

straplessbrad

Yeah this kinda sucks guys. I've been going through my last.fm library building my collection on Spotify and I'm barely through F. Could do with sorting that out. 'Your Music' would be a sick feature then.

ahirsch511

I guess I can understand a limit from a coding or database perspective, but I'm not a code guy so I don't really know.  However, you have to understand how this somewhat low song count severely affects the way that myself and probably other users will use Spotify.

I like the new layout a lot, and after getting used to it my hope was that this could be my new go-to music app for my phone, almost eliminating the need for itunes or the music app on the phone.  However, if I don't have quick access to my entire library then when a service soon comes along that will allow me to store all of these albums for streaming use then I will switch to that without thinking twice about it.

You make it very easy to improve upon your model and my hope is that someone (you?) will be able to solve that problem.  Now I will have to go back and delete some albums from my music so when new albums come out I will be able to add them.

17insane

One of the things I love about Spotify is being able to find new albums, and then SAVE those new albums so that they're easily accessible instead of having to remember names, go searching again, wait for long artist pages of every album to load so I can scroll through and pick the one I want, etc. Having a 10,000 song limit on this list severely cripples the functionality of the feature for me. It's a ridiculously low number.

SOHare1981

I'm seriously considering leaving Spotify because of this limit to the amount of tracks you can save into your digital library. If they had these limits then why not make -your music more esthetically pleasing to the eyes and easier to navigate through? I am one of those with a huge off-line collection last check wa over 15,000 songs and still plan on adding more because, well I don't have to explain my reasons for still wanting to purchase music. If I could easily click on album and play it from "local Files" like you can in iTunes then I wouldn't try and save tracks already owned into streaming library. Not to mention I'd like have to have the ability to listen to everything on one device and not have to switch to say my phone from my iPod....

kcmartz

Even if you only allow 10,000 offline, allow a lot more or unlimited online, non-offline synced songs, please, or I will be forced to switch away from Spotify to another service that allows unlimited songs, so I can future proof my account.

WTFlippant

I hit the cap on Your Music today, and I am none too happy about it. I had made the assumption that as a premium subscriber I would be able to organize the music I want to listen to in any way I want, however much I want, anytime I want. The cap on personal organization, coupled with the longstanding request that Spotify introduce an onboard equalizer, are deal breakers for me. 

Premium subscribers should not be inconvenienced with the extra step of pulling up the artist page because we had to cull some albums or artists in order to make room for other artists in our personal collection. That serves neither the premium subscribers or the artists. 

Spotify has millions of subscribers. When the feature was in development, database capacity for premium subscribers should have been increased in anticipation of this feature rollout. It's lazy, and unacceptable.