Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android][Other] Integration of Spotify and BMW Connected Drive - Android

So this idea has been implemented for iOS, can we see some Android love please???

The Connected Drive app is available on the Google Pllay store but it's only showing integration with Twitter and some other parts of the phone, would love to see Spotify added to this!

BMW Connected

Updated: 2015-10-06

Hey everyone, the new 2016 BMW 7 Series is here – with Spotify built in. Pair your Android (with the Spotify app 3.8.0 update or above) to control music straight from the dashboard. 

Due to Android OS phone manufacturer compatibility issues, the Spotify integration currently only works with the new 2016 BMW 7 Series. We are working hard to enable Spotify for all compatible BMW Connected Drive and Mini Connected vehicles.

Comments
Marco
Status changed to: Implemented
Updated: 2015-09-18

Marked as new idea.

Mugga

I think the problem is that many people think that this is a BMW Connected Drive app related problem, and not a Spotify related issue.

But I'm also not quite sure, can you (Spotify) get a working android version, or do BMW need to update their app?

Simpaty

as of today's Spotify update I received on my Samsung Galaxy S4 (running on Android 5.0.1), I can finally see Spotify as an icon on the BMW connected app on my phone. However, even if I moved that icon on the Apps I want on my car, when I connect my phone to the car, Spotify does not appear on the iDrive menu in BMW.

I guess we are a step forward, but not enough to have spotify integrated in BMW iDrive.

Matze

According to the app description it's only working with the new series 7 BMW for now. Hoping other models will follow soon. 

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated: 2015-10-06

Hey everyone, the new 2016 BMW 7 Series is here – with Spotify built in. Pair your Android (with the Spotify app 3.8.0 update or above) to control music straight from the dashboard. 

Due to Android OS phone manufacturer compatibility issues, the Spotify integration currently only works with the new 2016 BMW 7 Series. We are working hard to enable Spotify for all compatible BMW Connected Drive and Mini Connected vehicles.

Mugga

This is a step forward, but changing this "idea" to "implemented" is very optimistic!

Only because this function is working in one car only, doesn't really make this "done"! Also I would bet that only 0,01% of BMW 7 2016 drivers will use spotify in their car! 

Trailerman

Just got a 10 month old 7-series and want to use Spotify in my car.   I think the assumption that Android support for Spotify in the BMW is unimportant is grossly inaccurate.  As things stand it doesn't work, period, and that's a great shame.

I presume this is a BMW rather than a Spotify issue, but if there's anything Spotify can do to move adoption of Android Spotify support in BMW's along a little, I'd be grateful if it could get some attention. 

WebMaximus
+1 Would love to see full Spotify support in BMWs for us with Android phones. I have a 2015 M235i and I hope that will be sufficient when the day hopefully comes.
poisike

Why was this idea marked Implemented when it only works with one car?!

It's implemented when it works with as many cars as the IOS version...

egad9

I have a brand-new 2016 535i.  The Spotify integration issues were actually almost a deal-breaker for me to get the car.  There is no reason why someone with a brand-new BMW and a brand-new Samsung Galaxy S6 should not be able to fully access all of the features of Spotify in the car.  If you can't even get album art on the display by now, I don't have high hopes for this Connected Drive integration.