Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Swipe to Queue a Track

Firstly let me say I have been using Spotify since it launched here in the US and have seen a lot of great improvements over the years. Great job!

I am a music listener who likes to let the current track play out before starting a new one.
I love what you have done on the iOS side with swipe to queue.

Can you show Android some love and put this story in your backlog? 🙂

Thanks for listening!

Updated on 2022-03-04

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this feature is now rolling out on Android devices. If you don't see it yet, don't worry as it will be available for you soon. Just make sure to keep your app up to date. 

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
PlumpyMan

For the love of God please. Upgraded to Galaxy s8 from iPhone. This feature is tops and I miss it😭

Tafse

Years has gone since IOS got this feature, it is a shame that android hasn't got it yet. Really shows how the developers prioritize. 

csundby

Just came from iOS myself, and I really can't believe that this is not in the app! It really should be implemented. I saved so much time on this compared to what I do now.

BeeBear4

I personally don't understand why Spotify doesn't have ANY plans of implementing this feature into the android version of the app. Have you guys made a deal with Apple to not add this feature to Android? I can't bring myself to see why a company that cares about its customers wouldn't take advantage of the mass requests that it gets to add this feature, thus greatly increasing android customer satisfaction.

Bmob2k

I've been providing music through my phone+speaker on meetups with friends or smaller parties and I always tried to add songs to the current queue. But it's a huge pain in the a** to push those three little dots... every now and then you miss them and the track starts playing instantly, interrupting the current track. It would be a huge improvement if the swipe function would be available for android, too. Still not planned for future releases?

tanujdua

It won't take long. Please implement this feature. Drop everything you're currently doing and just implement this! The fact you don't have it in the "pipeline" makes me worry what on earth you do have in there! This is such a basic feature I can't believe it's not here on android. 

Mamooo

It's been almost 3 years since your comment and yet nothing!!! 

DefaultDane

How this is still not a thing is just straight up dumb. I recently switched from Iphone to Huawei, and queueing a large amount of songs takes ages. This was suggested in 2015, and the fact that this is still not implemented on Android just shows that spotify only cares about Iphone. Like come on, this would be such an easy feature to put in, you already did it once.

Dissapointed in you Spotify. 

kbsiminitz

I agree. I've accidently played a song instead of queueing and it ruins my whole day. Please add this feature. 

Gusse0123

This feature must be so incredibly simple to code. Why not, what is holding you back? Has Apple paid Spotify to make the app better for IOS?.