Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Clear play queue

I have to restart my spotify when I accendently start a song from a search instead of adding it to the queue (happens often to me), would be lovely if there would be a clear button for all the songs added to the queue by spotify it self.

Updated: 2020-12-17

We're happy to announce that we have implemented the Clear queue feature on our mobile app as well.

Just open the queue and you should see the Clear all button at the top

EoqO9Q7WEAIppqJ.jpg

Updated: 2017-01-16

Hey folks, you can now find a 'CLEAR' button on the Play Queue in your Spotify Desktop app. 

If using Spotify on your mobile device you can check the songs in 'Up Next' and then select 'REMOVE'.  

Thanks for your feedback everyone!

Screen Shot 2017-01-16 at 10.47.58 AM.png

Comments
daniellopez12

The "clear" queue option does not show up on my Desktop Spotify (MAC) app. It's horrible to have to search through the last song in order to clear the queue in mobile devices. This is a simple feature/request to implement.

lewis144
I will never pay for Spotify due to their incompetence in dealing with this
issue. Thank god for ad blockers.
lefsaeater

Would love to see an update on this.  Last weekend I had a 7 hour drive where for the life of me i couldn't figure out how to clear my queue and kept having to skip over songs.  This can be manageable on desktop version, but please add to mobile.

fvrdam

Sorry, for some reasons I have 50 songs in my queue on ios.

you want me to clicke every song to clear the queue??

When will we have a clear all in queue button on IOS? 

Should not be rocket sience.

HaoleLongpig
One of the most bass-akward, non-intuitive GUIs I've ever seen.  Spotify's mobile app continues to baffle.   Adding an easy to find 'clear queue' button would not fix everything, but it would be a good start.  Devs: Is there something that we're missing? Some unbeknownst reason that it shouldn't --or can't-- be done?   
surfyournut

I'm using spotify on Android.

When I add a big playlist to a queue (e.g. 100-200 songs) then I want to clear the queue there is no way to do so. The user must select each individual song in turn and remove them, or hit the skip-song button for every song in the queue. This is the confirmed intended behaviour of the app, according to this help-page: https://support.spotify.com/uk/using_spotify/features/play-queue/ This is ridiculous.

As a long-term paying Premium user, the idea that basic features such as 'clear queue' are not built into the UI, is laughable. I use Spotify in bulk - programming in huge queues of music for long-term listening, and I am not supported by your app.

If this is not resolved soon I shall have to look at other alternatives. This is making the app useless when I queue up more than a handful of songs, then change my mind.

super_wills
Actually to blow your queue away on Android, all you have to do is go to
bottom of the queue and tap the last song -- this will completely nuke your
queue and there's no way to undo it!!

I actually complained about how the play queue can clear by mistake here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Android-Playlists-Mobile-Play-queue-should-not-delete-...
surfyournut
Mind blown. That's surely not 'by design', but it'll work for now!
meokfkeiy

Doesn't work. I would very much like to have the opportunity to clear the whole queue! YT Music and Tidal have this option.