Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Connect] Needed functionality: Using Spotify UI to stream to Sonos

Hello

I am tired of being "forced" to use Sonos UI when streaming Spotify music to my stereo.

It would be great if Spotify could could team up with Sonos and develop a feature enabling the Spotify UI to stream directly to the stereo via Sonos.

I heard a lot of people having the same wish.

That being said, Spotify really rocks 🙂

Regards

/Jesper

Updated: 2016-12-06

We’re thrilled to announce that Sonos now supports Spotify Connect. Spotify Premium users can now control their Sonos straight from the Spotify app. Check out this blog post for more details. 

Comments
andreruas

Google Play Music already has this feature ... you really expect listeners to buy new hardware and use Spotify Connect?

Will_f1

+1. Even with the latest Sonos controller it would be awesome to have spotify better integrated. urrently using AirPlay as a work around. 

erik9108
One of my annoyances of using Sonos with Spotify is the switching between aps and not having the same functionality. Sending audio from Spotify directly to Sonos would fix this and enhance the user experience. Please start working on this!
erik9108
Ok... a follow-up to my last post... Just tried Google Play and the stream to Sonos feature and love it!!! Spotify, get your act together or i'm switching music services (I prefer to stay with Spotify).
brockappleby

Like many above, let's get direct sonos integration like Google Play has.   I would love to play my sync'd Spotify content in high bitrate and not have to stream it every time.

coops1221

Just moved to spotify from Google Play and I must admit the feature to beam music straight to sonos is excellent. im still just trying Spotify - IMO Spotify is a better product. but I think form follows function and at the moment Google Play has some better functionality with regards to integration. and lets be honest - if you play sonos prices you will switch streaming services WAY before speakers. 

IF Google Play up their game with shared playlists im with them - if Spotify sort out integration ill stick with them. - thoughts I imagine are shared by others

Sonos has quietly announced a "stream at" functionality they will be rolling out in the next year, so the API from Sonos is in the works (beta) right now.  This would allow any app to add a feature, kind of like Airplay in the Apple world, to stream or beam content to Sonos.

Hopefully Spotify is woking on adding that to the Spotiy app.  

However, I was told that Spotify wants to stick with "Spotify Connect" as the solution, which requires a license fee from Sonos?

gihoward

being able to use the Spotify UI whilst connected to Sonos is a must. Please consider. Thanks

dpearce04

Is there an update on this? I love Spotify and have been a premium subscriber for almost 2 years now. I just paid $3500 to outfit my house with Sono's and am very dissapointed with not being able to play directly from the Spotify app.

As many others have suggested, if this isn't fixed asap I'll be making the switch to Google Play. 

dudebrah
Pretty please make this happen.