Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Connect] Needed functionality: Using Spotify UI to stream to Sonos

Hello

I am tired of being "forced" to use Sonos UI when streaming Spotify music to my stereo.

It would be great if Spotify could could team up with Sonos and develop a feature enabling the Spotify UI to stream directly to the stereo via Sonos.

I heard a lot of people having the same wish.

That being said, Spotify really rocks 🙂

Regards

/Jesper

Updated: 2016-12-06

We’re thrilled to announce that Sonos now supports Spotify Connect. Spotify Premium users can now control their Sonos straight from the Spotify app. Check out this blog post for more details. 

Comments
Videonisse

Really nice, many thanks to Sonos and Spotify to make this happen! It works great using Sonos 7 beta 🙂

Rorey
Status changed to: Implemented
Updated: 2016-12-06

We’re thrilled to announce that Sonos now supports Spotify Connect. Spotify Premium users can now control their Sonos straight from the Spotify app. Check out this blog post for more details. 

Tschernonoll

Nice idea, but y cant i use this on podcasts?

andreruas

Finally! A wise move by Sonos.

Would be greater if all Premium users in european countries had access podcasts in Spotify.

Robok

Huge win. 

Thank you very much for implementing this, Spotify

hgfhfg

Well I can´t seem to activate Ther Sonos in several rooms(of my choice) - as can bee done in the Sonos app. That is a must have for this feature!

Also then able to change volume individually.

hgfhfg

Above statement is for the desktop experience(PC) - can´t find it atleast. Exist on Android app, that is great though!

I don´t wat to come out as a **bleep**. This is a most welcome upgrade to my Sonos system. The only flaw if it from day one. And now feature is here!

mjkedin

No you can't because it won't see or connect to the Sonos speakers. Or only intermittently.

Gilesbriggs

It would be great if it was reliable. It drops out, sometimes works, sometimes doesn't and is generally useless.