Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Connect] Needed functionality: Using Spotify UI to stream to Sonos

Hello

I am tired of being "forced" to use Sonos UI when streaming Spotify music to my stereo.

It would be great if Spotify could could team up with Sonos and develop a feature enabling the Spotify UI to stream directly to the stereo via Sonos.

I heard a lot of people having the same wish.

That being said, Spotify really rocks 🙂

Regards

/Jesper

Updated: 2016-12-06

We’re thrilled to announce that Sonos now supports Spotify Connect. Spotify Premium users can now control their Sonos straight from the Spotify app. Check out this blog post for more details. 

Comments
petexox

Adding to this - up until I got Sonos I'd pretty much moved all my music to Spotify but given Discover and Radio aren't available in Sonos I might have to start looking for other solutions which would be a pain.

sikkor

I think this would be a great development under the Spotify Connect umbrella.

andreruas

Suppose most Sonos owners have a Spotify Premium account. Wright?

mattw89

Spotify Premium will be cancelled in 6 weeks if this doesn't get any movement.  Right now my monthly fee is going to waste in favour of my Sonos sound system.  Absolutely adore Spotify, but I want to discover music.  Google Play's already satisfactory integration will start yielding my monthly fee, and looks like more have already started this move.  I hope I don't have to, as once you take the time to migrate, it's a hard sell to try and come back...

i just started trying spotify, but since the majority of my music listening is on my sonos equipment, i am not pleased. the radio feature being totally absent and the difficulty of accessing playlists and other features makes it unusable. i'll be cancelling my account and keep an eye open for improvements in the integration

Thanks

Keith

tysken
Starting the Google trial subscription today and sending the cancelation to Spotify. Should give me enough time to move my Playlists etc. Love Spotify and supporting a native brand , but this lack of listening to customers just sucks.
fritse

I am sorry to say: Google solved the Sonos integration problem, Spotify didn't! Users have been asking for this for 2 years now and nothing happened. Goodbye spotify, hello Google.

DRUIKJE

I will not upgrade to spotify premium if i cannot access all features through my sonos

Dear Spotify,

After being a generally happy Spotify premium user for over a year, I'm now using Google Music because I can cast straight to Sonos from within the Google Music app. It's such a good feature. Please add this functionality if you'd like me to come back to Spotify.

erik9108

Spotify,

What's the hold up?  Are you going to implement the feature to stream directly from the Spotify app to Sonos speakers??  I'm seriously close to canceling my premium memberships (family accounts, plural) and keeping Google Music if this doesn't get any attention soon.