Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Podcasts] Add/remove podcast shows to your own playlists on the Desktop app

I like to add Podcast shows via the Desktop app to my playlist, so I can listen to them one after one. Right now, this is only possible with the iOS mobile App.

Why not for the Desktop solution? Since I have here a bigger screen and a broader perspective on all my podcast shows.

Updated on 2021-06-04

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this feature is now available on Desktop. 

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
osornios
Status changed to: Up for Votes
samhold

but my concern is the Desktop App - since it is easier to check new podcasts

denizsevilmis

Please make this happen! It's so annoying to switch between iOS and desktop, and it would be much more convenient to have it available on the Desktop app.

paige_8

I would like to be able to place podcast into playlist/folders of my liking... so that all of the podcast of one genre could be grouped together. 

Ex.

A folder for kids podcast 

A folder for crime podcast

A folder for stories

A folder for gardening

etc... 

DimiVuj

Add this

Petya
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2020-04-07

Hey there  @paige_8,

Thanks for submitting your idea! 

It has been marked as a new one and others can now vote for it!

For more info on how your feedback reaches Spotify, click here.

Karaptian

I would like to also or at least, be able to reorganize the podcasts that I subscribe to in any order I want.

drag/drop option

jpa98

Yes!

And furthermore the Desktop app would allow to add and delete multiplie entries, like it is with songs.

heartbeat-of-yo

I really love that idea. I NEED to organize my podcasts into Genre folders otherwise they get lost in the soup of all genres in the main menu. It would be so amazing if they implemented this! Whenever I find a new podcast I am excited about I want to add it to a folder so I can find it later, ex. Psychology podcasts, Mood booster podcasts, Storytelling, Crime/Mystery, French language podcasts, etc. Otherwise they get lost and I forget I subscribed to them because I have to review my entire list of podcasts and remember the name to find the one I am looking for! 

I am new to this "community ideas" platform: How can I promote this idea so that more people see it and vote for it? 

zalcandil

Especially when one can add podcast to playlist from the mobile version but not in the desktop version, which is the ideal client to organize your content.

The janky thing about this is that the playlists that include podcasts, including those curated by Spotiy, are still accessed from the music section and not in the podcast section.