Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Podcasts] Add/remove podcast shows to your own playlists on the Desktop app

I like to add Podcast shows via the Desktop app to my playlist, so I can listen to them one after one. Right now, this is only possible with the iOS mobile App.

Why not for the Desktop solution? Since I have here a bigger screen and a broader perspective on all my podcast shows.

Updated on 2021-06-04

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this feature is now available on Desktop. 

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
leln

what a truly **bleep**ed lack of functionality.

Ruruskadoo

I'm continually surprised by how appallingly poorly suited spotify is to podcasts. It barely works okay on mobile, the only advantage is its convenience if you already have it and use it for music.

I don't know why in recent times they've made such a push to get into the podcast market when they've shown so little interest in making their platform podcast friendly, especially on desktop. Why on earth would removing a podcast from your own playlist be disabled by default on desktop, and why haven't they fixed such a simple and obvious thing?

heyfrank

This would be a great addition to the already awesome Desktop app I use everyday!

vitaminkswitch

i've been a loyal subscriber for more than 8 years, and the lack of this feature on the desktop app is the only reason i don't use spotify for podcasts. it's silly to not implement it.

Jaemaz

PLEASE ADD. This is ridiculous

SptfyHelper

In the new version of the Spotify Desktop app you can add podcasts to your playlist. So this is implemented.

lfast

Could you tell us which version(s) can add podcasts to playlists?  I just updated my clients and still cannot do this.

Windows: 1.1.146.916 - cannot add podcast to playlist

Ubuntu: 1.1.42.622 - cannot add podcast to playlist BUT I can now browse podcasts! Thanks for that improvement.

SptfyHelper

This is how the new updated app looks for me, kinda like a browser player but improved and there is 3 dots on episodes where you can go "add to playlist"

Screenshot_1.jpg

Screenshot_2.jpg

  

lfast

Hmmm.  I tried updating Windows Spotify via the installer and still get version 1.1.46.916.g416cacf1. On this version  I see the three dots but the dropdown only has an option to Share to FB, Twitter, etc.  No "add to playlist" option.  Is a newer release available somewhere?

SpotifyNoAdd2Playlist.jpg

raulsevimor

It's a nonsense that this functionaly is available for mobile apps but not for desktop...