Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Discount Family Subscriptions!

Before I made the switch from Rdio to Spotify they (Rdio) came up with a pricing model that allowed families to purchase a slightly discounted subscription.  

$9.99 for single unlimited user

$17.99 for 2 family members (20% discount)

$22.99 for 3 family members (50% discount)

Would love to see a similar pricing model so the rest of the family could get in on the action!

Updated: 2015-04-23

Hey folks! We've introduced Spotify Family. With Premium for Family, you and up to 5 members of the same household can each enjoy their own Premium account. All for one discounted price of $14.99.

Thanks for your kudos in the Community--we want your feedback.

Comments
gklaughlin

I've been requesting a family plan for two years.  Until now, it hasn't been that big a deal, but my children are beginning to get older and we are beginning to have one user log on while another is already using the service, booting the first user off.  We've even had "boot off" wars in the family.  I'm seriously looking at Rdio as an alternative.  I really would prefer remaining with Spotify, but this problem needs to be solved soon for your U.S. subscribers or this family for one will be exploring our options.

rquin

I dropped Spotify Premium and went to Beats specifically for the family option at $14.99.  My wife and I love Spotify over Beats, but the pricing is keeping us from coming back to Premium at this point.  Really do love the carrier billing option, but I honestly could care less how I pay for it, I just want to have a family option.  Making carrier specific deals is not the way to do it.  Beats offers it and doesn't care what carrier you are on.

Just trying out spotify, great solution except for the family account option ( or lack of).  I understand that the faq states the revenue from the ads or sub pays for the licensed content.  But seriously, when you consider the services out there already offering family accounts for music, and lets not go into tv/movies like netflix or hulu plus.  Setting up a family account should not be difficult and should not require 2x 9.99 to do it.  

I'm trying your free premium for 30 days, but from the sounds of it I will not continue it without a viable family option ( not attached to a mobile carrier package).

Plannerbk
I'm not exactly sure why Spotify is sitting on a family plan option. Get your act together and remain competitive. I am a long time paid user and looking to jump soon if pricing isn't adjusted. Spotify, read this board and make the change, you've had enough time doing nothing.
venkanuk

Fully agree. 'Family' plan please. 2 users. +

stirfryrose
Family plan would be great.
nicolaiak

This has been under construction for 2 years. That is not good enough.

I don't care about the discounts, but I have spotify connected to my sonos at home. So when my wife is home and I'm out and about I have to switch to her account (we both have spotify premium)... Which is a nuisance.

I'd like a subscriptions that allowed multiple user at the same time! And I'd like it 2 years ago.

mduez

I'm about to cancel my $10/month subscription over the lack of this rudimentary feature (a family plan).   It's sad Beats is such a poor inheritor to the Mog throne that I tried out Spotify, only to be left further disappointed.

I shudder to think about searching the community on the lack of a radio feature for the Roku Spotify channel app - luckily moving on from Spotify will negate the need.

Peter__

Just noticed this! 😄 

https://www.spotify.com/family/

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Watch this space

2014-10-20

Hey everyone! We're incredibly excited to mark this extremely popular idea "Watch this space". 

Today we're introducing Spotify Family--one account for the whole band.

With Spotify Family you can now invite up to four family members and share one billing account whilst keeping your listening history, recommendations and playlists completely separate. Spotify Family will roll out globally over the upcoming weeks. To learn more about this deal click right here.

spotify family.jpg