Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Discover] Exclude selected Playlists from Taste Profile and Discover Suggestions

I play music off Spotify for my bubba to fall asleep to. This is typically classical/meditative relaxing style tracks. Since she sleeps 4 times a day this type of music is getting a LOT of playtime but is not representative of my music taste. I'm finding my Discover Weekly (which I LOVE by the way) is moving more away from my music and more towards the classical/chill out stuff I play for the little one. 

Would be super cool to be able to mark a playlist to exclude it from the Discover algorithm.

Thanks!

Updated on 2023-02-09

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that Exclude from Taste Profile feature is now available on all platforms. There's more info about the topic in our Newsroom Article. 

If you'd like to give it a try right now, follow the steps below:

1. Select the playlist of your choice. 
  2. Tap the three dots near the top of the playlist.
  3. Select “Exclude from your Taste Profile.”

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community 🙂 

Comments
escapetomatrix

One more thing, the ambient and focus playlist completely destroyed my Top List 2021. I loved this feature and it was my most listened playlist from 2015. Now, it is just garbage. We have a baby now, so Spotify will be way more broke than now. The only possible (and comfy) solution is to use another platform (youtube) but I don't understand why should I pay for Spotify. 

jexness

Every mom using spotify wants this option. I've got most of my toddler's music in a playlist and yet it shows up in all my mixes and worst is the blend between me and my husband. We desperately need this option so we can get our music identity back!

BrokenTripod

"Not right now" is a bad look on a suggestion with 24 pages of comments spanning 6 years.

Therealticey

BrokenTriop.  Spot on.  They just don’t give a toss about the functionality of their system now they have enough customers.  

Even the Rock/Pop/Indie etc mixes are just rubbish.  They only have songs that you’ve played recently.  No AI at all

bragur

This is awful, my Discover Weekly has been ruined for a long time now because of this. Great that people can use private listening but what kind of geniuses would know that before ruining their taste profile for what seems to be forever? We’re talking about frustrated parents here trying to find something out to sooth their little ones. Why not at least offer the option to reset your taste profile to be based off of liked songs? That way you could tailor it a bit from the start and move along from there. And stop serving me freakin' Christmas songs in the middle of the summer 😱

This sucks.

jeffcasey1

Please, god, yes! This would instantly fix what has **bleep** up my recommendations: white noise music at night has wrecked my recommendations.

quintanarra

I used Deezer many moons ago and it had a similar feature to exclude artists or tracks from profile recommendations. I just logged in again and you can even manage exclusions from your profile. I use private listening, but its a pain in the axe to activate it, or to remember disabling it. Between this and the podcast force feed, we are seriously considering moving away from Spotify.

JanTrautwein

I need that feature so bad!! Please spotify. Can't be that hard to implement...

Therealticey

Absolute disgrace. I have tweeted @spotifycares.  They promised a response but over a year later they are still silent.  24 pages of people wanting this function.  Their AI is rubbish.  It just deals up the same songs you have listened to, doesn’t even try to provide songs by the same artist.  

Kojoman

Two and a half years after their only response, which took them almost four years to write  and still nothing more than “use private session” which btw is so clunky to find and hidden in the settings that nobody uses it. 
Is Spotify even keeping track of this idea. I mean the response is immense. What’s the purpose of a support community if they’re not listening?