Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Integration of Spotify and BMW Connected Drive

It would be great to be able to manage Spotify through BMW iDrive, either by a dedicated Spotify app on BMW system or at least by a connection of iDrive controls with Spotify app on the iPhone.

Updated: 2015-09-17
Since Spotify is now available for BMW Conected Drive on the iPhone, we'll mark this topic as 'Implemented'.

If you're on Android - please add your kudos to this idea here:
[Android] Integration of Spotify and BMW Connected Drive - Android

Thanks everyone!

Comments
dieti

Hi,

I bought a BMW x3, when will Spotify be supported with Android at idrive?

Regards Markus

Hal0007

I have a 328i and my Spotify doesn't work right. I run via BT and the artwork doesn't work right. I get the first song and that's it. I can't stand it. It seems so pitiful to have a decent car and the music stuff be visibly fubared. I noticed that Apple Music works fine and am actually considering dropping Spotify for it, but I wanted to confirm if there's a fix before I do. As an aside, I updated the car software two days ago so it's all up to date. 

Devilsrear

Hi,

Just got a new BMW 4 series convertible when will Spotify be supported with Android?

I think you guys are missing a trick here - there are no other apps for Android other than the BMW stock ones. If you are looking to be the market leader and the only providor for Android ..... 

Looking forward to seeing it soon??!?

Dennis1234

Hi,

my problem is that BMW has a protection modus when you play spotify when you drive. The problem is that i can not remove is so i can not use it al all when i drive !! BMW says it's a spotify problem. Help anyone!! I have iOS 
 IMG_0982.PNG

berika645

When will it be possible to use Spotify in all newer BMW cars ? The Spotify integration into BMW Connected At Drive is very poor, and it seems strange that this should be a problem in the year 2018 !

Gianlu209

I'm not sure if this is happening to anybody else but since the last Spotify update the BMW integration no longer works for Android devices. I have a Samsung Note 8 and it simply stopped working... not that it ever worked well... but now it completely stopped. The app is visible on idrive but if I select it, I'll get a black screen in the car

Please help 

Salwus

I have exacly the same issue. I am using Huawei Mate 10Pro.It have never worked perfect but now it isn't working at all. Help!
 @Gianlu209 wrote:

I'm not sure if this is happening to anybody else but since the last Spotify update the BMW integration no longer works for Android devices. I have a Samsung Note 8 and it simply stopped working... not that it ever worked well... but now it completely stopped. The app is visible on idrive but if I select it, I'll get a black screen in the car

Please help 

Salwus

Is there anybody out there?great community. No one is answering to address the issue. This is how Spotify treat users. Zero answers since last month...

berika645

I also have Samsung Note 8 and after latest Spotify update it is not possible to use Spotify at all i my BMW. Since this problem got worse after latest Spotify update it proves that the problem is on the Spotify side, and not a BMW issue.

It is nothing less than a scandal !

The fact that Spotify is not even commenting this makes the scandal even bigger !

Demook

Demook
Demook

Unfortunatly it is also not working in my car, had some mail trafic with spotify and the only option they gave me was "clear all cache of the app and re-install the app" done this but no succes.

the next option the gave me was to check the community.

Here I can see that we (no IOS phono's) are not a big issue for Spotify.........

Hopefully they are really going to implemented it soon....