Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Last.fm] Scrobble Tracks played offline

Let's have Spotify locally save all mobile offline play history and write it to Last.fm scrobble list when you turn it back online. Even better - a Spotify play history on desktop and mobile applications that tracks all play history online or offline.

Updated on 2019-07-11

Hey folks, 

Sorry for the delay, looks like this one slipped through! 

There was an update to Last FM last year which introduced offline scrobbling. The update also means scrobbling works on the Web Player and over devices on Connect. As mentioned by @hans-jürgen, you can check out the article from Last FM here.

Thanks!

Comments
yuletid

MAKE THIS HAPPEN PLZ.

apple music + plugins allow this which makes a tempting alternative...

andreas_wotte

Last.FM just released a new scrobbling application for Spotify. Open your Last.FM account, go to "settings", open the folder "applications" and activate the new "spotify scrobbling". After that, you can deactivate the scrobbling service on your Spotify account to save your scrobbling stats from double Unfortunately also the new app doesn't support offline scrobbling. Probably it depends also on the missing listening cache on Spotify. 

More details in this Last.FM announcement: 

https://getsatisfaction.com/lastfm/topics/spotify-scrobbling-beta

ManuelvdV

Yes still need this!

milkmaidmafia

please make offline scrobbling possible! that is really missing! I would be so glad if there was this feature included. thank you from austria, jules

xxlipe

you should cancel your subscription and give a chance to another provider. spotify doesn't give a **bleep** about the u.x.

hans-jürgen

@milkmaidmafia: Offline caching of Spotify scrobbles is in the works now for the new Spotify Scrobbling feature by Last.fm, so keep an eye on the official Last.fm site update announcements on Get Satisfaction. Due to the Spotify Web API it will only be able to cache your last 50 tracks though. This will also work for the Spotify web player and all hardware devices featuring a Spotify app, not only for mobile phones or tablets.

xxlipe

That's so unreal. Rdio could do it perfectly on 2012, yet still you can manage to scrobble only the last 50 songs. You guys are almost a decade late. I don't even know why i'm subscribed to this. Adn we still can't queue to next or last.

margolisj

Please add this. This shouldn't take more than a few hours of time in a sprint. Intern project maybe? ❤️

ralphjohn684

You guys have the computer Mainframe to send me my old playlist 

ralphjohn684

I worked hard on my music when I updated it it **bleep** it all up I won't do that again