Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Other] Exact release date across all platforms

Spotify has exact release date information for albums - it can be viewed in the mobile app (at least under iOS, v8.5.41).

Using the official desktop app, however (macOS, v1.1.24.91.g4ca6d5eb) you only get the year.

Why the disparity? I would have thought that, if anything, the desktop app would contain more granular information, while the mobile app would contain more of a summary.

Year is not very granular at all - artists can do a lot in a year, and fans sometimes like to know at least the month they released something, if not also the day.

Thank you for reading

Updated on 2021-07-07

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this feature is now available. All you need to do is hover over the song's release year: this will show you the full song's release date 🙂

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community!

Comments
Bram_V

In IOS it's possible to view the album release date, but in the desktop version that's not visible (only the release year, not the specific date). Is it possible to add this information to the "album view?"Release date.png

Marco
Status changed to: Need more information
Updated: 2015-07-14

Hello!
Just to make sure, you would like to have a more detailed release date displayed on the desktop version? Days-Months-Year?

Bram_V
Yes indeed, that's what i want!
Marco
Status changed to: Up for Votes
Updated: 2015-07-15

Marked as new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search. 😉
This idea is a re-post of this inactive idea.

MaSaiani

This must be very easy to set! Please, we need it!

I can't believe this hasn't been implemented yet. It is very important to me on which specific date the album or single was released.

msvendsen

Actually I would like to have it both on the album/single view - but also on the "New Releases" page so you don't have to open every album/single to see its actual release date.

archibeque24

Please implement this! I tyipcally have to go into the mobile app just to get to this data and I would rather just stay in the desktop application.

jamie514

Can Spotify please explain why this isnt implemented yet??? How complicated is it to display day and month of release in the desktop app when you already display it on the smaller mobile interface. Basic basic request dragged on for years is honestly a rediculous response from Spotify.

omralb

This needs to be implemented on the web version too.  Having a generic year only release date is not helpful at all.  Being able to see weekly releases by date would be useful also.  Right now all I see is the same trending garbage from last week, not todays releases.