Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Partnership] Support for Garmin running watches

I love music when I'm running, but I do not always want to carry my phone.

Garmin introduced a new running watch that let's you download music for on the go, if Spotify whould support this that whould make a ideal combination.

UPDATE:

Thank you Spotify for adding Garmin watches to your platform. Hopefully you will soon add the Forerunner 645 and Vivoactive 3 as well. It's going to be great, listening to your motivating playlists without having to take my phone with me.

Updated on 2018-10-04

Hey!

Thanks for showing your support for this Idea in the Spotify Community.

We're pleased to confirm the Garmin® and Spotify integration, meaning from the 3rd of October 2018 you can now listen to offline playlists from your Garmin®.
You can find full information on the announcement here!

We appreciate all of the feedback, and comments that were provided here.
The Spotify Community Team.

Comments
Cesarpand

I’m just waiting September 27 to change to Deezer;    Deezer a few days ago it’s available in Mexico so now I will play the music in my watch, I’m in the free trial. 

PiercingArrowz

This is the only reason I have not purchased a Garmin 645. I'm waiting for this capability. Many people in my running community don't use Spotify because they do not have this capability yet. Would be great for everyone!

Sofle

Please add support for spotify in garmin fenix 5 plus

Forget Spotify, I switched to Deezer  it's much better 👍🏻

ChuckWarnock

How is Deezer better?  I just downloaded the IQ app for my Garmin watch but haven't played with it yet.

Joakimak

Yes,

we want to see Spotify on Garmin smart sport watches. Is there an exclusivity deal with Samsung smart watches? If so, until when / how long do we need to wait? Prefer to stay with Spotify but...

Excell62

Spotify when are you going to fix the problem so your music can play on Garmin watches?  I already looked at Deezer and Iheart music; I do not want to change over to either company.     Please let us know what the plan maybe to make them compatible or if there is no plan.  Thank  You

ChuckWarnock
How is Deezer better? Garmin just made this available, but I haven't tried it yet. I have multiple playlists on Spotify.

Magnusmuhli

Yes we need Spotify on our Garmin! 

@ChuckWarnock wrote:
How is Deezer better? Garmin just made this available, but I haven't tried it yet. I have multiple playlists on Spotify.

There are programs out there where you can easily transfer all your playlists one to another. 

I did that and I'm very happy now.