Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Partnerships] Apple TV Support

I think there should be a Spotify feature for the Apple TV, similar to the Netflix App which is available. As currently, the only way Spotify can be played on the Apple TV is through AirPlay which requires an iPod Touch/iPhone.

Updated on 2019-10-07

Hey,

With our new Spotify app for Apple TV, you can now access Spotify’s 50 million tracks directly from your TV, making Spotify the natural audio destination across your many devices.

This long-requested feature follows our other apps on TV platforms including Android TV, Samsung Tizen, Amazon Fire TV and Roku.

We’re excited to bring this app to Apple TV and will continue to innovate and enhance the app—there’s plenty more in the works.

Comments
Jᴀᴄᴋ

Its done! 

jorgen_k

Thanks!

MFrosty

Great news that Spotify is now available on apple tv. Rather than just airplay. I was wondering if there was crossfade and/or gapless playback on apple tv like other devices, or will there be in future?

Also what quality does it stream at, there seems to be no options for audio quality in settings? 

Thanks. 

MFrosty

Great news that Spotify is now available on apple tv. Rather than just airplay. I was wondering if there was crossfade and/or gapless playback on apple tv like other devices, or will there be in future?

Also what quality does it stream at, there seems to be no options for audio quality in settings? 

Thanks. 

_pvanb

So how do I switch between users on my Family plan?

Smarch

Apple TV has stopped working.  Even after deleting/reloading the app, rebooting Apple TV unit and checking devices, still unable to get the app to respond.  

khachik

I downloaded the apple TV spotify app, but when I try to pair, it lets me pair on my desktop, then the password on the TV disappears and does back to the title page, asking to log in again. I have tried deleting and redownloading the app but it does not help. Any ideas?

nimrod-er

Yes.

I had the same problem, then I tried the following:

enter the app, pair with the code, Accept, and then when it backs to the login page, force quit (double tap the TV button, quit Spotify & Relaunch

worked for me 

the-ninth

Would be nice also to be able to use the Spotify app on Apple TV to control other Spotify connect endpoints. I use a Sonos Amp and a Sonos One, and it would be nice to use the Apple TV to choose the music I want to play there from Spotify.

Routing an audio cable from the Apple TV into the Amp is unfortunately not an option.

petp763

Please can we have the Apple TV device showing in the "devices list -permanently" in the smartphone app? Would be great to directly send the music from my iPhone to the Apple TV without need of AirPlay. Like we do now with Alexa devices and Cast or Sonos.