Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] Sort List of Playlists alphabetically

How about ordering playlists alphabetically? I'm paying for this service and this feature is the most common and easiest one even for a free music player...

Updated on 2021-07-07

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that sorting your lists of playlists alphabetically is now available across devices. There's more info here.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
dankey

While it becomes pretty hard to pick desired playlist in spotify app, 

i use for now https://spotiplay.github.io/#/ to find what i want and sort as i would like to listen atm.

Though is extra app +not convenient when i from mobile. So definitely +kudo, to make things easier!

-Rogers-

Bonsoir à toutes & tous ( Sorry no speak English 🙂 )

Je viens d'effectuer cette suggestion avant de remarquer que ceci avait déjà été soumis

Bonne soirée ou journée

-Roger-

Macrezz
Spotify please enable an option for automatic alphabetically sorted playlists. I know I can move them up & down manually. I don't want to have to do that evey time I create one. Come on! This is a simple problem that has already been sorted on your Android app.
jacintodesousa

This is much needed.

In addition to this how about a search/filter playlists option which enables you to search within your playlists by title or artist. Its so annoying having to search manually through, if that cant be achieved by a seperate box then when you search in the exisiting box show matcxhing results from within your own play lists. I have been using Spotify since the early days so have built up quite a large list of playlists. This would really improve it for me as a long time premium member.

Stahlgewitter

There could be ten thousand of us camped outside Spotify headquarters with signs petitioning for this painfully simple feature, among a host of others, and we'd still get a dull, wooden, and meaningless "thanks for your feedback!!!" LMAO

Ridiculous, brah.

This company is in painful need of some serious competition to help wake them up.

hcck

Guys

This feature already exists on the Mobile platform. I use it on my iPhone and my iPad which is were I mostly play my music from. I very rarely play my music from my PC but from my iPhone.

Here is how I use it:-

Spotify 5.jpg

Click on the Filter at the top of the Playlist

Spotify 6.jpg

and tick NAME

and here is the Playlists in alphabetical order:-

Spotify 7.jpg

-Rogers-

Hello Stahlgewitter

Je suis d'accord avec toi sur ton commentaire ci-dessous, bonne journée

This company is in painful need of some serious competition to help wake them up.

RoryH

This is painfully needed on PC. Finding playlists is so difficult currently.

Olcique

Hi hcck,

This topic was created before some platforms allow alphabetical order. Also the topic states "all platforms(including web player)", not just mobile platforms...

Thanks

Canyonred

I am glad that Spotify implemented "playlist sorting" on the iOS platform. Finaly I am able to find my playlists (usualy selected album or songs from a specific artist) in a more easy way. The thing is, that the spotify platform becomes 'to complicated' so that even simple things get difficult or not logical.

But why is the alphabetical playlist sorting, not available on the PC platform and even worse, not in Sonos?

Mostly I use the Sonos platform and select from there Sonos->Spotify->My music->Playlists [here I would expect a sort option like in the iOS environment]

Please make things a little more straightforeward across all platforms!

When using spotify from the beginning, you get more and more playlists, playlists that I want to find in an easy way on both my iOS platform but definatly also in SOnos. I use Sonos more than anything else. I only use Spotify on my iPhone and sometimes on my iPad to search for new music, which is not convenient using the Sonos iOS apps.

Spotify connect for Sonos would be another solution of course 😉