Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Podcasts] Automatically save offline new Podcasts and remove completed Podcasts

Add the ability to have a podcast you follow automatically downloaded and deleted once you've listened to it all the way through.

Updated on 2022-12-20

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this feature is now available on all platforms. Our developers have worked their magic backstage and made this possible now! 

The frequency of removal of episodes can be adjusted from the cogwheel icon in "Your episodes". 

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
blake
Status changed to: Up for Votes
Updated: 2016-06-01

Marked as New Idea and edited title to make it easier to find via search.

yetanothername

Obviously, this is not necessary for the PC version, but every mobile version should offer this option.

ThunderSmacks

Not having these features is the only reason I don't use Spotify for all my podcasts.

Gonbykn

Ditto. I would get rid of Dogcatcher if I could have my Podcasts automatically download to Spotify. Make sure you include the "only on wifi" option. 

ThunderSmacks

I can't even find podcasts anymore so this might be moot.

Gonbykn
They are still there. Just search for your Podcast and select it. I listen
to the This Week in Tech. It's there. Maybe they don't have the one you are
looking for anymore.
frogdog

I 100% agree this is a necessary component of any podcast streaming service.  Please add Spotify!!

EL1JO

This would make my daily news podcast playlist maintenance-free. Listen to 'em during the commute to/from work and then they're replaced the next day.

Yes, please!

Djocon93

Please add this feature! I really would love to have my music and podcasts on one place on my phone. 

Zman68

Mandatory feature for any podcast service. Nicely implemented in Google Music.