Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Podcasts] Automatically save offline new Podcasts and remove completed Podcasts

Add the ability to have a podcast you follow automatically downloaded and deleted once you've listened to it all the way through.

Updated on 2022-12-20

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this feature is now available on all platforms. Our developers have worked their magic backstage and made this possible now! 

The frequency of removal of episodes can be adjusted from the cogwheel icon in "Your episodes". 

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
rmaschhoff

Auto downloading new episodes is the bare minimum for any podcast player. 

WaveBlaster2

I am deeply disappointed with Spotify!!!  And for that matter Joe Rogan as well...  I joined Spotify  because of Joe Rogan and he should have done more investigating about your product and it lack of features.  He could have gone to any platform.   Podcast are the future.  How is it the #1 podcast is on an app that doesn't have an auto download feature and remove after listening to the episode.  Please get your act together.  This needs to be a priority.  The Google Podcast is not perfect but it has this feature.   I will say it again....  I am deeply disappointed with Spotify!!! 

TBek

Would love to see the ability to create a podcast playlist (or several, like I have on Apple) that automatically updates to add new episodes and remove listened to episodes.  For example, I have a Sports playlist, a Rogan and Friends playlist, a Music playlist.  The way yours is set up I'm very unlikely to bother beyond Rogan.  Not worth the aggravation.

Zenfinity

Just saw another article about how Spotify wants more people to listen to podcasts. Why this doesn't get put at the top of feature release queue is absolutely astounding.

Gholt

This should be added.  It's a basic feature for podcasts. Get your act together spotify.  The only reason doing podcast on spotify is for rogan.  All the podcasts I subscribe to are here just waiting for this feature to listen to all.  

Get this feature ASAP.

earl_grey123

If you want me to use Spotify for podcasts also, this needs to be implemented ASAP.

bp787

like others, this missing feature is a deal breaker for me.  and like others, the moment JRE wasn't available with google podcasts, pocket cast, subsonic, etc... this feature became critical.  it might not be so bad, but the cache time for streams is so low, that you can't drive across a state without losing audio if you didn't pre-download it.  

This is BASIC for a podcast app.  Spotify dev team should be ashamed.  Joe should be **bleep** too.  i basically don't listen as much already.

davelarson15

I can't use Spotify as my default podcast player until this feature is available.

Also, like half the podcasts I listen to are not on Spotify.

mollyvelizabeth

This idea was suggested back in TWENTY-SIXTEEN areyoufreakinkiddingme...how is this not already implemented?!  I've recently joined Spotify because Google Play was discontinued.  Google Play had an option to allow you to auto-download the most recent three episodes of your subscribed podcast to your mobile device.  I didn't even realize what I was losing when Google Play ended!!  So upset that Spotify doesn't have a similar feature, and is forcing me to look into other music and podcast apps.  I will be looking to end my subscription to Spotify over this unless Spotify can show that this feature is in development.

bp787

@mollyvelizabeth  you can still do this with the Google Podcasts app.  can save way more than 3 episodes.  probably one of the best pcast apps out there.  spotify could learn a lesson or two.