Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

ROKU with Spotify?

New to the forums but not new to Spotify. Recently I was at my brothers house and he had his Roku fired up with Mog and I have to say it was awesome! I argued the Mog vs Spotify with him for about an hour and it was a stalemate however the Roku argument he won hands down. I have looked through the forums briefly and have onyl found a few larthargic ways to add Spotify to the Roku.

I have read on some user groups that Spotify has plans to build an app for the Roku but they don't have a date or time frame. Does Spotify have an official announcement to bring there service to the Roku? I would like to know, if not I am seriously considering a switch.

I use my Roku with Pandora (which I can't stand) and to be able to use my playlists via the Roku would be the kicker that I believe would put Spotify over Mog and best of all I can tell my brother to shup up.

Thanks

Dennis

Hello folks, good news!!

This is implemented now!

Check out more info here

Enjoy it!

Comments
SensiStar

To see Spotify show up on the Roku channel store would be the sh*t!!! Let's get it going developers.

Rocio
Status changed to: Implemented

Hello folks, good news!!

This is implemented now!

Check out more info here

Enjoy it!

bhunterjr

I juse posted how much I wanted spotify on roku.  And then I go home, and boom there it is.  Thank you spotify.

ripper2860

Is there a technical reason as to why Spotify is only available on Roku 2 or Streaming Stick devices?  Roku LT and HD users would appreciate some Spotify lovin' too. 

joe_7788
If you do not know yet for those of you with a Roku LT or HD you do not have a usb port I have the Roku XS that do have a usb port..  I Learn though trial and error that the roku do not have the abled to cache the downloaded files from Spotify. When I first tried to play music though Spotify I was getting skips the roku could not keep up with the download. After some researching I discovered that I would have to put a flash drive in for extra memory after I instilled the flash drive I have yet to get any skipping.
KingLeerUK

Is there a technical reason that the Spotify channel cannot be supported on the Roku XDS?  I have this platform and would very much like to have Spotify to replace Pandora but I won't be buying a new player any time soon.  If used in a pure streaming mode I cannot see Spotify needing extensive local storage for pre-caching which makes the requirement to "upgrade" seem a bit more like a marketing push than a technical impetus.

jg051275

I have a Roku HD (2012 model) and a Spotify Premium subscription and would love to know when the app is going to be available on the Roku HD.  It says that its coming soon to Roku LT and HD models on the Roku website, but it seems to be taking a long time.....

brownbear

Just got the new Roku software update for my Roku HD and it came with Spotify.  Was the main reason I was waiting for the new update.  I was sad to see that Radio is not implemented in the Roku App.  Looks like I'll still be plugging in my phone to the stereo when I want to use Spotify, since I use the Radio about as often as I listen to albums.

Is there any ETA on an update to the Roku App that would include Radio?

herzberm

The Rouku app for spotify leaves a lot to be desired. It is in serious need of the radio funciton. Furthermore, it seems to be very buggy and stops playing all the time when songs are selected from my playlists.

David1964

Is there an update available for Roku? The interface right now is terrible. Is there a way to search by band instead of track? Last night for example, I wanted to search for the band "The Black Angels" and there was no song named "The Black Angels" and it wouldn't let me toggle over to "Band" in the search. Am I doing something wrong?