Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Remote control.

Hello,

It could be great to be able to remote control my computer Spotify app from the Spotify mobile device app. (iPhone un my case)

Now that Connect has officially been announced and started rolling out, I'll mark this as implemented.

Comments
doncelt

I agree that this idea is marked as solved without a reason... It's still not possible to control computer speakers, only mobile devices and special hardware solutions...

PerryWerneck

Is any documentation about how to implement an spotify remote client available? Just looked at the libspotify docs and seens like it was designed only to play, not to control other device in the same network.

And about more than one device with diferent premium accounts in the same network, is it possible to control both?

stu-r

I cannot figure out how to control my desktop spotify app on Windows from my mobile app on my iPhone. Is there any guidance available on how to do this?

Swanny

@stu-r It's not a feature yet.

ihadim

They say is has been implemented... but IT HAS NOT.

Let's open new posts regarding this topic.

vreugdevuur

2 years of discussion in 13 pages, the remote solution called Spotimote has been mentioned a few times, but weirdly the story continues.

Why can't Spotify Connect do what the competitive app Spotimote can?

dla94

Hey guys, i was wishing about the same thing but unfortunately you cant control PC with a mobil device. What i did was connect my iPad with the aux cord to my speakers (i wish i had bluetooth) and the contol with my iPad from anywhere (as long as the wifi is same i think). But the volume cant be controlled so i use the remote for speakers to control the volume. But still you get a quasi "bluetooth" experience.  

hokkos

Spotify is full of lies, this has not been implemented.

malarkyjones

Any idea of when this will actually be implemented? Would be a great feature to have.

norm_uk

Hi.

I don't mean to sound like a stick in the mud but it's not implemented for Windows Phones...

Please add this.