Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Retina MacBook Pro

Any news on an update to support the super-higher resolutiions for the Retina MacBook Pro? Everything is currently pixel doubled and looks awful in the new resolution, would be great to see an update? Smiley Happy

Updated: 2015-12-10

Hey folks, we're happy to confirm we now have Retina MacBook Pro support in the Desktop app. Thank you for your continued feedback here in the Idea Exchange, we're listening.

Comments
lngblt

They did it for iPhone & iPad. Now it's the Mac's turn for retina support.

JanuschM

Where is the Update for Macbook Pro Retina ???????????

We wait and wait and wait 

francesc79

Worst of all it's there's no answer from anyone at Spotify.

For me the main problem are the ugly content fonts which make using Spotify an unpleasant experience. It shouldn't be that difficult to change it since really small software companies already fixed their apps for correct font redering. And later on they can work on high-res artwork.

But again for me the disappointment here is the lack of feedback from Spotify staff. It would be nice to know if they're working on it or at least it's planned (since Apple will introduce more computers with this kind of displays).

Anyway if they don't care about us I won't care about them anymore and I'll probably change my subscription to a free one and try for a couple of months other options out there which offer similar services.

egonalton

Come on, get your engineerass working on this, it's a simple thing to fix. Current version sucks big time on my supercomputer.

henrikdahlheim

I've started working on replacing the most annoying and visible icons in the Spotify app with retina versions by creating them manually in Photoshop. Would anyone be interested in me sharing them? Though I can't do anything about low resolution album art nor the poorly rendered fonts.

It's beyond me how I managed to do this in a couple of hours yet we haven't even seen a response from the Spotify team yet.

francesc79

Henrik that would be cool if Spotify was an Open Source project where collective effort is a good thing, but Spotify is a commercial company with a payment service and they make profit with us, I think if they want to continue doing it they should make the effort themselves.

I also sent an email to support directly, didn't get any answer. Very sad they don't even care to answer their customers.

Spotify for me is every day less attractive, first the mandatory annoying fb integration, then the chnages on the catalog with some albums disappearing other that haven't been there ever (making it an incomplete experience), now showing lack of interest for they customers (even we're only a small percentage) ... 

imd23

+9999999999999!

Please guys!

g.

skystuntz

Showing support for some retina support.

Spoiler

WAYLIFE

Yes, please and thank you in advance!  😄

I agree with those that posted about the text being the first to be fixed.  The album art is just a future bonus...

Looking forward to the update, love this tech too, just a reminder of how awesome it was when I was told I needed to "check out Spotify".  As a musician, this has made my work and play so much nicer.

But I digress...  I guess I should be like all the kids on here:  "C'mon guys, how hard is it?!!  Hurry up and keep up with every technology that comes out!!!"

There.  How's that?  😛

Appleshampoo

Pleaseeeeee can we get a retina update soon?